PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Seen the Yuba?

Chris Gearhart
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Has anyone actually floated the Yuba since 1/16 ? I am wondering how the take out at the gun club is, as well as how the fishing was. I can't wait to get back on the river!

I have to say I have been watching this site for a while and I think its great ! I couldn't sit on the sidelines any more I had to get in the game. I hope to see some of you guys on the river sometime (yellow/black on white, Hyde).

David Lee
01-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the board , Chris !!

David :D

rrivera
01-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey Chris - Welcome aboard..!! I've gone a few times to the Y; just to take a look at the water and throw some dark nasties to see if I'd hook into anything before my fly vanished in 6 inches of water..!!

It was muddy to say the least; and good resources tell me it's a little Earl Grey in color with milk and honey...

Take out at Sicamore, from what I heard is fairly simple now. You can't drive across that small creek to get to the launch. Sicamore camp-ground creek is the launch site..!! 100k cfs will do that ya know...

As far as the gun club; haven't heard much. You can probably call the shop to see if any of the guides can help with a mental picture of the take out at the club. Duh.!! Better yet call Sicamore Ranch, they do the shuttles. Tight lines.... -RR