PDA

View Full Version : Decisions

Brian
01-20-2006, 12:06 AM
This year I'm looking at getting a pontoon boat for rivers and stillwater. I've narrowed it to the Scadden Skykomish Sunrise and the Fishcat PAC9000. Does anybody have any experience with either of these. The Scadden looks pretty good with the standing platform to cast from but is taller in the water as opposed to the quad pontoon Fishcat that sits lower supposedly avoiding being pushed around by the wind that I face almost everyday in Wyoming. Any advice would be appreciated.

rhelliott
01-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Brian I am face with the same decision. I like the weight cap. on the Skykomish 600 lbs. I got into a arguement at the ISE with a differnt Dealer over whitewater ratings. I asked who certifies the boat for what class water. Just because they say the boat is class 3, Who done the testing? In the case of the other manuf. It was a guide, that Rep. the boat. Stated he used it many time on a class 3 river and it held up. When pressed for the answer who certified the boat, never got a response. He walked away and started talking to someone else. Maybe Bill could shed some light on this issue.