PDA

View Full Version : Come by in January/February for some "one on one".

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Traditionally CA fly shops are slower in Jan/Feb, unless we are in a draught, so it is a good time to come by and get some quality time with some of our great staff.

Bring in your tackle for a tune up or evaluation. This is a good time to get ready for next summer.

If you are interested in Spey casting you will find Jeff Putnam here on most Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Jeff's web site is here off our menu under "Instruction".

For tropical Blue Water fly fishing you can come by on Tuesday and Wednesday and talk with Jim Christensen.

If you want to learn more about fly fishing for Stripers year round in CA you can come in on Thursday through Monday and see Andy Guibord.

If you want to talk about tropical flats fishing, that is my thing and I am usually here Monday through Friday.

For the Steelhead info I would come by on most Saturdays and talk with Joe Shirshac and Noe Fierros who live for that fishing. They can help you with the right tackle and flies and even mark a map for you with the best runs.

You can go to our Staff page and call or email us all too.

This is a good time for some casting instruction as well so you can see Jeff Putnam about that.

Jim Christensen is running some great introduction to fly tying classes at the shop now.

Bill Carnazzo is teaching our intermediate fly tying classes as well.

If you want to plan a trip out of the country you can come in on most Thursdays and Saturdays to meet with Keith Kaneko who has his office in our fly shop for his fly fishing travel business, "Angling on the Fly".

Be sure to call first because schedules do change a little from time to time.