PDA

View Full Version : Muddy Waters

SullyTM
01-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Having been on the mend from an injured back I finally tested it out this past weekend. MSP's reports from the American were a good motivator.

Went down to a local creek and even though the water was running high and muddy I tied on a "Murky" Clouser and proceeded to hook a steelhead. Chinook do not take to the air quite like a steelhead. I ended up slipping and falling into the muddy bank, loosing the fish, the clouser and nearly my rod. However, it was a good feeling. Had two more hook-ups...Nothing landed, but it was fun! Thom

David Lee
01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Jeeeeeeez , Thom ......

You fell again ?!? Time for spikes , cleats , a spotter and a harness , it sounds like . :lol:

How big was the jumper ?

"Muddy" Clouser , got a recipe ??

Re-injure the back whilst fallin' ???

Almost time for a visit up this-a-way ...... I have a motor for the boat now :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

David :D

SullyTM
01-18-2006, 08:07 AM
D', all my body parts are in workin' order. Back is stiff but stretching is the key.:lol: What about your hand??

I would place the "jumper" at about 18 to 24 inches. And yes it was a steelehead. When the reel goes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, you know it's going to be exciting! This waterway is not "home" to steelheads...They just kind of visit and move on.

A boat WITH a motor :twisted: What? Don't want to row-row-row-your boat :D Is it gas or electric?

Have you moved into your new adobe yet?

Bwup! Thom