PDA

View Full Version : New Home Page

Gregg Machel
01-15-2006, 01:44 AM
We re-designed the Homepage of http://kiene.com last night and would love to hear your comments.

How does the design look?
Do we need more/less information?
What information do you think would be a good fit for the homepage?
Any other suggestions?

You can post comments here or send directly to me via Private Message.

SteelieD
01-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I think the new design is awesome! This is consistently the go to site for content.

Are you guys going to add some sort of online ordering mechanism? I know you can always call the shop and that's great, but I would think with as much traffic as this site recieves, business would go nuts if some sort of "store" were available. I've been doing more snowboarding than fishing lately, but I would certainly support it here from the Northwest when spring trout season rolls around!

Great job! :thumbsup:

MSP
01-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Gregg, I also like the format, easy to navigate, the information is readily available, and not a lot of clutter.

THIS SITE ROCKS!

SullyTM
01-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Nice bass, Bill! Good job Gregg! =D> SullyTM

Rob
01-15-2006, 08:17 PM
What do I think??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Wildlife/resizedselfport.jpg

Another Job WELL DONE my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gregg Machel
01-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all your feedback, keep it coming!

As for the eCommerce, we have plans to do this in a few months. Now that Christmas is over, Bill and I have some time to sit down and plan out how we want to implement it.

I'm going out of the country for 6 weeks tomorrow, and Bill's going to work on some of the plans while I'm out so when I return we can start development on this. If I was to step out on a limb and make an estimate, I would say that we will have some sort of eCommerce by April or May.

Jay Murakoshi
01-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Dang,

I leave for a few days and open up the Kiene site and see a whole new home page. Looks great.

Darian, it was good talking to you and I'm sure we'll be talking more this weekend at the show and the shop.

I was actually excited about the presentation. It was well received by the people who attended our presentations. Can't wait to see what kind of feedback I get this weekend. Also, remember I will be doing the short power point baja presentation at the shop on Wednesday.

Fortunately, we won't have a booth at this show so it will give me time to walk around, visit and sit down to chat with people. So, if anyone wants to chat about baja, australia, or even the surf zone, we'll find a good cup of coffee (notice I said a good cup not a great cup) and chat.

See ya on Wednesday

Jay

JD
01-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Couldn't you find a better picture than Bill holding up a green carp?

Sheesh, where is this shop located, Tennessee?

:D