PDA

View Full Version : ISE Show San Mateo....

Darian
01-12-2006, 10:48 PM
OK Guys,.... I broke down and went to the show in San mateo, today.....

Altho this show still a very good one, it hasn't had a bunch of east coast or Rocky Mountain fly tying suppliers, like it used to, for some time. :? Also, the suppliers that are there didn't bring a lot with them. :( Of course there're some very good west coaster's. Saw Sea Level Fly fishing and bought some flies.... They had some very dood materials, hooks, rods, etc. Spent some time talking to Jay M/Ken H. 8) 8) Lefty Kreh was demo'ing how to apply his technique for distance casting on one of the indoor pools. 8) 8)

Watched Lee Haskins tie up a Neutralizer and took a good look at some salty variations.... 8) Cool Stuff. 8) 8) Spent the requisite amount of money :shock: and ended up with some great stuff. One of which was a shadow box of a Steelhead and flies prepared by kids from the Arroyo High School Fly Fishing Club. 8) This was a project for these kids to keep 'em off the streets and proves that there's truly a need to occupy their minds and hands. Some very good skills demonstrated in this work.... 8) 8)

Time to get ready for some fishin' and Jay's Baja program at Kiene's and the next show.... 8) :D :D

PatrickM
01-14-2006, 12:02 AM
I thought the show was pretty good too, Darian. I stopped in on Thursday evening after work. Checked out some gear, picked up a few supplies, talked to a few people I knew, and had a few cold ones. Nice way to spend a couple of hours.
I also got to see Lefty Kreh doing a casting demo, and I have to say that it was really impressive. He has some very different theories on casting, but they seem to make sense. Seeing him put the theories into application was pretty cool. Lefty can throw some line. I found his book on casting at one of the booths and immediately bought it.
Anyhow, I'd recommend the show to anyone who's thinking about going. My $.02 :)