PDA

View Full Version : Put "fly shop" in Google and Yahoo

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-12-2006, 10:18 AM
If you put "fly shop" into Google and Yahoo we are coming in very new the top.

I hear that our web site is getting more visitors daily now.

Thanks to all of you who come here to take a peak and thanks to all our regulars who really help make our BB great.

Steve Ekstrom
01-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Bill,

I googled "fly shop" as you suggested and you're right, Kiene's is right up at the top. Congratulations!

Steve.

Gregg Machel
01-20-2006, 11:31 PM
To my surprise, I just did this search again to see how we were doing, and we have moved into #1 on Yahoo for the search words "fly shop"!
:D =D> :-D

OregonSalmon
01-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Keno,
Congrats on the top spot!!! Always said it was the best fly shop in the world. But does the numero uno spot on the search engines translate into "the best fly shop in the world"? Wasn't sure so I did a poll asking that very question. Here are the results:
45% said yes, 18% said no, 15% said why sell a household pest, and 22% said they didn't know. So I asked the don't knows why they didn't know. 34% of the don't knows said they didn't know what a search engine is, 25% said they didn't know what a Kiene is, 7% in the subset again wondered why you would want to sell a household pest, and a whooping 34% of the don't knows didn't know why they don't know. Delving deeper I asked the the don't knows who didn't know why they don't know: 56% replied they just don't know much about anything, 14% said they were raised by wolves, 9% asked me if I knew where a bathroom was and 21% of the don't knows who don't know said they didn't know. What do I make of this....I don't know.
That is a routine from Al Franken and Tom Oliphant. Always cracks me up. My joke theft for the day. For penance I'm going feeshin'.

Darian
01-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Whad'd he say :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

OregonSalmon
01-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Darian,
I wrote that....and I don't know what I said. Became confused after polling the second group of "don't knows". Now what I don't know about steelhead fishing is clear: I don't know. Decided to take up birdwatching instead of fishing to ease my mind and it was not different, if not worse; I don't know what type of bird is scooting around a tree I can't identify. The only topic I am certian on is the old dog stinks. Other than that....I don't know.