PDA

View Full Version : Does the sun exist?

OregonSalmon
01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Last time I saw the sun, I believe, was a picture in a seventh grade textbook that was printed in the 50's. Someone tell me that star still exists for twenty straight days of rain, twenty beers a day, while tying twenty million flies have addled my brain to the point of madness. Not to mention my only company is an old dog who smells like a cross between the end of the run and and a skunk with the runs.
A few days ago I had the only fishable water in thousands of miles in walking distance. Today I'm praying the old spruce on the creek does keel over and t-bone me and the house. Damn this rain. Sure doesn't make the dog smell any better, nor me for that matter, since the water for the tub comes from the creek and the sediment level is high. Oh shoot, forgot; when will the power go out. Gotta go find a flashlight and some matches.

David Lee
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Damm , Gallen .... are we related ?!?

Sounds like you hate winter almost as much as I do :idea:

Go to Baja next winter - beats the crap outta rainy day blues (that's my goal .... avoid Sac for the Nov.-Feb. period) .

David :?

SullyTM
01-10-2006, 07:57 AM
...the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain :D Enjoy the sun today. More rain comin' in tonight :( Thom

David Lee
01-10-2006, 09:08 AM
And , with too much rain ,

And no where to drain ,

Local longrodders go INSANE .

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :evil:

Can you say 'stuck in the house too long' ??

David :D

SullyTM
01-10-2006, 09:49 AM
...put on the Gortex and venture out! Don't let global warming prevent you from enjoying your passion. W.C. Fields once said, "Life's a bitch and then you die!" Go down with a 6 wt in your hands and a Olive Beadhead Bugger on the end! :wink: Bwup!

Darian
01-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I thought when this discussion began it was going to be an etherial, xploration of the existance of the Sun and other cosmic bodies.... 8) 8)

Turns out that it's a lament unique to those living within the boundaries of areas where Salmon/Steelhead resdie during winter.... :( Ya know, Galen, you need to consort with those women of low moral character more often.... :P :P If ya can't fish, you can still wave your rod around. :evil: :evil: :evil:

OregonSalmon
01-10-2006, 04:37 PM
David,
I advise you David to rethink your months in Sacto. I would go with avoiding the place between Jan 1 until Dec 31.
Sully,
I almost fled the house for the Junction (local watering hole) but a mile walk in driving rain seemed a might harsh. Plus, I've gone so insane indoors that I almost have the "magic bullet" solved for steelhead. Never let the insane wane during the rain....or fishing will be a pain.
Darian,
Damned if the woman of low moral values didn't go back to her ex-husband. Don't know how I will ever be able to bounce back from this one. <Sniff>.....guess I'll just have to fish out my depression. Or clam out my depression....or crab out my depression.....
All you boys have to think about fishing this neck of the woods from Feb-March for the wild bunch. It can't rain forever....can it???....MMMMAAWWW!!!!!

Stephen
01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Left for Redding on saturday the 17th of december to take my granddaughters Christmas shopping and fish the Trinity. Was raining by the time i got to Fresno and when I left for home a week later it was still raining. No finshing on that trip. So, my question is how much rain have you folk had in the past month.