PDA

View Full Version : Power Point

Jay Murakoshi
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I have a question for those of you out there who has used ppt.
When do a presentation with a rear projection, like ISE has at San Mateo, do you need to flop the worded slides or when projected will it flop itself.

My body is flopping right now :P

Jay

Nip Hadlock
01-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Jay;
What you see on the screen is what you get on the wall. No need to do anything. 8) If you are using colored fonts do a dry run to make sure it reads OK from the audience. Some times these fun colors on the screen don't project as well.... :wink:
Nip

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-10-2006, 12:03 PM
I can't imagine a world without PCs and the Interent.

Jay Murakoshi
01-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Nip,

Thanks for the information BUT I'm still confused. You said " what you see on the screen you will get on the wall.
OK, if you're in the audience and are viewing the screen and the projector is a rear projection, the guy running the projector will see it correct but won't the audience see it backwards. Just like doing a slide show with a projector, we had to reverse the slides to make it right

I know there are probably people out there thinking 'crap, doesn't he understand". Heck no, I still use paper and pencil to keep important dates. A palm pilot is too difficult and too technical

Jay

David Lee
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Flop away , Jay .....

I assure you , folks will enjoy the presentation even if you don't have the slide doo-dads down perfect - when all else fails .... fall back on your CHARM :idea: :evil: :P

I , for one , have a better time at these things when I listen to your storys than I do looking at pictures .

Just talk about the horrible fishes you've met .... or the finger/GSP/first stripping guide story .... or the follies of fishing w/ Ken ...

See ya pretty quick !!

:twisted: David :twisted:

PS - got any of those Airflow heads left ????????

Jay Murakoshi
01-10-2006, 06:23 PM
David,

I've been sitting here viewing the PPt program and just had a brain fart.
I was talking to myself as if I was a person attending the show. Looking at the computer screen, I would have to say that the slides are correct. Using the back of the monitor as the projector, it would have to say that the program should be OK.
Like I said, I'm know nothing when it comes to technology.

What Airflow line are you looking for. Email me

Jay

Gregg Machel
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Jay, I don't think you need to worry about your slides being flip flopped at all. It doesn't work like it does with the old "foils" where you had to pick them up off the projector. If you see it on the left side of your computer screen, you should see the same thing on the left side of the screen you are projecting on. I hope I'm understanding your question correctly. Let us know if this doesn't seem to answer it.

Jay Murakoshi
01-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Gregg,

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to worry about it anymore, don't have the time. Heck, I'm trying to pack the tying materials and that's racking my brain.

Jay