PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Putnam's Spey Casting DVD Series

Wingman
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Jeff has three new Spey casting DVD's. I got an email tonight with a short video demo. It looks to be very nicely done and of course Jeff makes it look so easy! Just what I need. :D Bill will you be carrying these at the shop? Are they in stock?

http://jpffs.digitalroamer.com/

aaron
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Not in stock yet in the shop. Hopefully soon.

Jeff Putnam
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
We just released them on my site (jpflyfishing.com) and ebay and they should be in the shop by tues. Jeff

aaron
01-08-2006, 11:40 PM
very cool. congrats jeff, ill pick one up for sure.

Jeff Putnam
01-10-2006, 04:08 PM
DVD's are in the shop today.
Vol 1 & 2 (combined) $44.95
Vol 3 Advanced (featuring Skagit) $34.95

Wingman
01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Jeff,

Fantastic. I will stop by the shop tomorrow to pick up the set.

Adam Grace
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
The clips that I saw via an e-mail link, they looked great buddy!

Good luck, not that you need it. You da casting man!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-11-2006, 05:36 AM
You can come into the shop and buy them or go to Jeff's web site and order them online with your credit card with PayPal.

http://www.jpflyfishing.com/

http://www.jpflyfishing.com/images/dvd1.jpg

Jeff is getting sales and inquiries from all over including overseas!!!!

Congratulations to Jeff for a great set of Spey videos.

Gregg Machel
01-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I picked these up yesterday and watched about half of them last night. I give an enthusiastic two thumbs up! Jeff really nailed this one.

Of course, nothing replaces 1:1 instruction, but these DVDs certainly give you the instructions of what all of the casts are and how to do them. Jeff does a really good job of stepping through each of the individual casts. He also has a section on the DVDs where he talks about and demonstrates common problems that people have while they are learning these casts and how to recognize and fix these issues. After watching the instruction, this gives you kind of like a "pre-heads up" of things to look for when you get out on the water and start practicing.

For me, the ideal situation would be to go through these DVDs so I understand all the mechanics, go out and practice on my own, and then hire Jeff for a couple hours. This should optimize the time with Jeff since he wouldn't need to be teaching me the casts on the water, I would already know them from the DVDs. All I would need to do is tweak my casting technique.

My 2 cents worth! :)

Terry Thomas
01-13-2006, 09:41 AM
If you are heading to the San Mateo Show, you can check out Jeff's DVDs at Gary Anderson's booth...Anderson Custom Rods.

k.hanley
01-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Big time congrats JP! :D
Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah Ken.

The 'kid' has really got something going here.

I try to tell people, "I taught him everything he knows." but nobody believes me.

Jeff Putnam
01-18-2006, 11:05 AM
So far the DVDs are selling really well and were receiving some great feedback... Thanks to all those who have purchased them!
I have a great team of people helping me and I cant thank them enough. Thanks again, everyone involved!!! Jeff

Brian
01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Jeff, thanks for the instruction that I got from you. Since I have moved to Wyoming I have missed "practice" on the American and have gotten a bit rusty. I hope to recapture the lessons that I have forgotten. I can't wait for my copy to arrive.
Brian