PDA

View Full Version : Kid friendly fly fishing in Baja???

J.R. Hubbard
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
I am hoping to go with my family down to Baja later this year and was wondering if anyone can suggest a place to stay that is kid friendly and also caters to fly fishermen. I'm open as far as towns, Loerdo, East Cape...whatever! I just want o bring my kids and wife.

Thanks for the help!

Darian
01-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey JR,..... I'm familiar with the East Cape area and would say that the resorts nearer the town of Los Barriles would be better for a family oriented vacation.... 8) That would include the Buena Vista Beach Resort. It's a fly fishing destination and offers some decent prices/good access. 8) 8)

The reasons I'd choose that area is that kids have a way of getting into "stuff" like sunburns, insect bites, etc. :? :? The closer you are to drug stores/pharmacies or access to same, the better off you'll be. 8)

You haven't said if the kids will fish, but, almost all of the in-shore/offshore panga fishing begins in the surf (not off of a pier). :? If your kids are young, getting on a panga in the surf could be tough.... :?

Lotsa neat stuff for kids to fool around with down there 8) but not too many places for computer games, etc.... :(

Hope you find something.... :D :D

J.R. Hubbard
01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey thanks for the help! One of my sons is 6 and he will come out with me when I fish for a day. I've taken him on float trips on The American and he loves it! He's just not ready to cast an 8 wt yet. My wife and other little boy are just happy being in Mexico. I just was looking for somewhere that we won't bug people and that the non-fishers will be happily occupied.
I will look into where you suggested and thanks again!

sculpin
01-03-2006, 06:11 PM
To add onto what Darian suggested, Playa del Sol and Palmas de Cortez are in Los Barriles. Also a great low cost place in Los Barriles is Martin Verdugos Beach Resort. They are not all inclusive ,but have a wonderful resturant on the 3rd floor with the best veiw in town that's open for breakfast and lunch. It is only a short walk to town for dinner. They also have boats, but as far as I know are pretty much gear oriented. If interested I have the phone number for a great Pangero in the area that will work with you. Also don't forget Baja on the Fly is also in the area.

Mark