PDA

View Full Version : Baum Lake?

Adam Grace
01-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Has anyone heard how Baum Lake is fishing right now?

Last week it was fishing well. Gregg and I are thinking about fishing it this week.

Any info would be appreciated.

rrivera
01-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Adam - after searching the only recent report came out of the Fish Sniffer

12/23/05

BAUM LAKE RAINBOW TROUT... After several weeks of slow fishing, the rainbow and brown fishing at Baum Lake has turned on with the onset of cold winter weather.

"I saw anglers catching fish right and left on a short jaunt I made to the lake yesterday," said Steve Vaughn of Vaughn's Sporting Goods. "Fly fishermen using small nymphs and bait anglers tossing out Power Bait and nightcrawlers were both catching lot of fish. The fish averaged 12 to 15 inches long."

Two big browns came out of Baum Lake over the past month. Rick, a local angler, fooled an 8 lb. 12 ounce brown with a flashback AP. Rich On also bagged a 9 pound brown on a #16 midge pattern, according to Vaughn.

Iron Canyon rainbow fishing is also turning on. "Shore anglers are nailing rainbows ranging from 12 to 17 inches while soaking orange Power Bait and inflated nightcrawlers at Iron Canyon," he tipped. "The road to the lake is open now, but check on the weather and road conditions before going up there, since the road is subject to closure during periods of heavy snow."