PDA

View Full Version : Where's the end

Jay Murakoshi
01-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Here in Fresno, it's been raining almost 24 hours. At times, it's heavy but a steady rain most of the time. I know we needed some rain because right before the holidays they said we were behind on the rainfall.
My back yard is looking like a lake and the pool is near the top. If that goes over, I'll have a river flowing through the yard and hopefully not into the house.
I think it's time for some warm weather in Baja.

Gotta put the waders on and move some water around

Stay Dry

Jay

OregonSalmon
01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Jay,
Coined a saying up here in the rainforest: "What rain? Just because a thing exists does not mean you have to acknowledge it's existance. I'd rather be damp in denial than rained on in reality. Tweak the mind long enough with cheap beer and women of low moral character you can live on the bottom of a lake.
Some or all of that might not be true, but what does keep me sane in the soggy forest is local river, the Necanicum. Very fast clearing river and can take a lot of water yet be fishable. We have had rain, and quite a bit, for close to two weeks and I think the river here up top was only unfishable one day. I guess you could beat that with everyday being fishable, but considering the whole Pacific coast, you can't beat that.

Brad Blancett
01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Jay we have recieved 2 1/2 + inches here in Downey the rain guage broke during todays wind :( and 40 mph winds had to let water out of the koi pond . Raining for 3 days . So had plenty of tying time :)

Take Care and Happy New Year !

Jay Murakoshi
01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Brad,

I'm draining my pool right now. We took three hoses and ran them from the pool to the front yard. Siphoning the water is slow but at least it's going down My backyard looks like a battle ground with all the trenches I dug for drainage.
In the last couple of days, I've tied about 30 dozen flies. Getting my orders caught up and maybe some flies for the shows. I'm also sitting here with a heating pad on my right knee. I'm hoping it's not what I'm thinking. It started hurt'n right after Thanksgiving and today has a sharp pain in the inside section. Feels more like a muscle pull. I've been riding the stationary bike at the gym for an hour at a time and then doing leg presses. I'm hoping it's called over doing it.

Hell of a way to start the new year

See you at the show

Jay

Brad Blancett
01-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey , Take it easy there, that is how I blew out the ACL the second time during Rehab !! Dr had to go back and re pin it in three places . Darn right Knee is locking up now :(

Brad Blancett
01-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey , Take it easy there, that is how I blew out the ACL the second time during Rehab !! Dr had to go back and re pin it in three places . Darn right Knee is locking up now :(

PS its the sitting for hours tying that really bothers mine .