PDA

View Full Version : Go south for the winter?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-01-2006, 10:15 AM
If you can get off work or are retired you could go south this winter.

Why stay here in Jan/Feb when you can head south to the warm weather.

This could just be somewhere in the southern US. Florida, Texas, New Mexico........it is lovely there now (we are in FL now).

You could go anywhere more near the equator. Belize, Mexican Yucatan, Baja, Hawaii.........down in the Caribbean or the south Pacific.

New Zealand, Australia, Chile and Argentina are in their summer now.

Staying here where it is cold, raining and foggy is not really all that excting.

Lots of people have already caught on to this.

http://www.destinationsbelize.com/index-page-photos/Lewis%20-%20Belize2-1.jpg

http://www.destinationsbelize.com/index.htm

Jasonh
01-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Bill, i cant wait to get back to Texas now with all this rain we have had here. If i cant fish for my steelhead here, might as well go back to Texas and fish for some stripers and largemouth! Happy new year!

Jason Hartwick

Brett
01-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Not a bad idea. It was near 80 NYE here in Austin, and the coast is about the same. I fished the Colorado yesterday, and hooked up with some schoolie white bass. Couple of locals advised me to keep an eye out for stripers.

OregonSalmon
01-02-2006, 10:50 AM
South?...South???....SOUTH!!!!!....Never!!! In the immortal words of Patrick Henry: "Live North or Die!!! Yep, the Pat Henry, my neighbor. Good at rhetoric and fishing. Another of his classics, and he does a pretty good Winston Churchill: "We shall fight them at high tide, we shall fight them at low tide....we shall endure floods and droughts...and never shall we whimper if the ale is a might warm at the tavern. He's a tough one that Pat.

RW
01-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but there aren't any fish in Oregon. OregonSalmon is a contradiction in terms.

Nice picture though, catch any fish that day?

:twisted:

OregonSalmon
01-06-2006, 09:52 PM
RW,
I would have if the talent in the boat wasn't so poor!!! The fella's were bringing me down. That float was so bad I have decided never to hook another fish and spend my time inspecting bridges.
Warren ya bugger how the hell are ya!!! I'm livin' the good life on the Oregon coast: clamming, steelhead, crabs, chantrelles, elk, and women so fat and ugly you can't lose time time doing the above five. I'm in walking distance of the fastest clearing stream in the world and might be one of three people on the planet fishing for steelhead in the last two weeks. Dirty bastards hole hop me each day so not many hookups. It is a real bummer not to be the only bum in the hills. I gotta quit buying them those one buck beers.