PDA

View Full Version : Cool Fly Tying Site!

Hairstacker
12-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I was stumbling around on another board and found a reference to the following warmwater fly tying site:

www.warmwaterflytyer.com

The site has quite a few step-by-step tutorials of various warmwater flies sorted by category (chuggers and poppers, divers and sliders, streamers and swimming flies, etc.), including pictures of each tying step. There are some pretty cool patterns that I haven't seen anywhere else.

I think it would be cool to tie up one of these for Delta black bass:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/Peteries-Pigboat-2.jpg

It also has a pretty good section called "Tier's Resources" that has some great web links.

Anyway, check it out, I think you will like it. 8)

Darian
12-30-2005, 11:24 PM
The fly in the photo looks a lot like a Calcasieu Pig Boat (an old Louisiana Bass fly.....). 8) 8) 8)

Hairstacker
12-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Darian, yep, that's exactly what it is, ha. Kind of looks more like a jig than a fly, doesn't it? But it WAS featured on a fly tying website, ha. I think I will substitute red for the yellow, though. And maybe white legs for the black ones. :lol:

Darian
01-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Mike,.... Tom Nixon's book, FLY TYING AND FISHING FOR BASS AND PANFISH, has at least 6 color variations of the "pig boat". I kinda like a white body and chartreuse rubber hackled pattern for the delta. 8) 8)

Andy Burk ties a variation of it that has a flash, spinner like element to it. 8) Bass Flash :?: :?: (....must be gettin' old. I can see it in my mind but can'r recall the name of the pattern.... :lol: :lol: )