PDA

View Full Version : Hell and high water

OregonSalmon
12-30-2005, 10:40 AM
My lil' stream, the Necanicum, not only has the color tone of the Mississippi, but the size. Due to the flotsem and George Jetsom, couldn't even throw in a crab pot. Decided to hit the beach for some razor clam digging but the surf had pounded the clams down just this side of the earth's mantle. Tough day on the outside.
Looks like the whole West is non-fishable. If I were in Sacramento, I'd go to Kiene's and buy, buy, buy!!! Ain't that right Billy. Since I am not, I have decided to find out how much my fragile brain can take. I'm drinking pots of coffee while tying flies no larger than #16's, watching endless C-Span, and listening to political talk radio. I'm five minutes into this experiment and already I'm certain the old smelly dog at my feet is plotting my demise. I should have stuck to beer.
This is tragic. Occurs to me if this keeps up all us feesher-people will have to find a productive use of our feesher-time. God help us all.

Darian
12-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Got the "indoor whim whams", have ya :?: :?: :?: :lol: I recommend a little Irish medicine served neat at room temps. 8) 8) Always works for me. 8) 8)

FHTFYR
12-30-2005, 10:54 PM
This type of weather is the exact resson I have another hobby :D
When I cant fish it must be time to go duck hunting :) The wife dosent agree but pigeon feaver strikes me hard.

RAIN/HUNT :)
FAIRWEATHER/FISH 8)
FAIRWEATHER/FISH 8)
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/fhtfyr/hunting/samdukhunt.jpg
IT'S A HELLA OF A LIFE CYCLE

(If anyone knows how to release ducks let me know :twisted: :twisted: )

WillJ
12-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Took 3 of my reels apart and put them back together tonight. Tomorrow I may wash my waders.... it's that bad. :D

OregonSalmon
12-31-2005, 08:46 AM
If ya think washing the waders is bad, yesterday I washed the dog!!! Son of a gun was costing me a fortune in scented candles.
I thought yesterday there was no chance in hell the river would be fishable and then a buddy called me from the store and said he just lost a bright ten pounder. For some reason I didn't put on the waders or grab my gear but did watch him fish the afternoon bite. His rig: green corky and a worm with no weight. There was also a guy chucking spinners who had hooked two and watched him hook a third. I think I live on the only fishable river on the entire Pacific coast. Rained quite a bit last night but I'm not gonna be fooled: she is a real good girl and clears faster than I imagine. May have the distinction of being the last person to hook a steelhead in 2005.