PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the Rogue?

Nip Hadlock
12-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Geez...I get a week off and everything is blown out... :x
Anyone think it's worth the ride to the Rogue? :?
Gordon? What's it look like out the back window? :wink:

Jasonh
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Check out the fly fishing the state of jefferson board. Not sure the web address but just type that in google and it will come up. Lots of Rogue info there. Cool site.

Jason Hartwick

Nip Hadlock
12-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Jason;
Thanks..I like that site too...though I only lurk there :wink:
I also like the Trout Underground site...though the Upper Sac is running high too :cry:
Looks like maybe the Holy Water :?:
Putah :?:
Nip

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-27-2005, 11:10 AM
What about a trip to the tropics?

Mexico or Belize or FLorida?

Nip Hadlock
12-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Bill;
I'd love a trip to one of those places. :P
Unfortunatley I ony have the rest of this week off. :(
If I had more time I might be able to swing the trip financially but the divorce lawyer fees would put it over the top! :lol:
Nip

Langenbeck
12-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Nip: Looking out the backyard this morning the Rogue is about 7,000 and rising fairly rapidly. Currently raining and we have had about 8 inches of rain in Grants Pass so far in December. More rain is forecast again for tomorrow.
At best it will be at least a week before the Rogue is fishable-realistically about two weeks.

sculpin
12-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Gordon is spot on about the Rogue. If we don't get to much rain, causing them to spike the outflow from Lost Creek, the Holy Water and very upper Rogue will be fishable. Just keep an eye on the gages. We are supposed to get smacked with rain over the next couple of days. I was up below the dam yesterday and it was fishable. I saw a few gear guys land steelhead in the Welfare Hole.

Mark

Rick J
12-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Here is a good reference to gage information on river flows

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/or/nwis/rt

Nip Hadlock
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys :)
I think I'll load the truck and watch the weather and flows. :wink: Inspired by Chris Raines road trip essay on Trout Underground, I'll hit the highway if it seems doable tomorrow or Thursday! 8)

Adam Grace
12-27-2005, 03:49 PM
It seams like the rivers are blown every time around Christmas, too bad.

Langenbeck
12-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Tomorrow PM will post some backyard pictures as the Rogue is suppose to crest at 80,000 cfs about 3 PM. In my four plus years here the highest I have seen was 38,300 cfs. Yes I have moved my boat and lawn chairs to very high ground. If it gets as high as predicted it will cover my lawn,see picture below, which is usually about 20 vertical feet above normal flow. Just for historical reference the New Years Flood of 1997 was 90,800 cfs and the 500 year flood of 1964 was 164,000 cfs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gordonl/SpringtimeontheRogue-Oval.jpg

OregonSalmon
12-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Gordon,
Man, what a backyard!!! If one day you see some grey hair spilling out the top of a sleeping bag encircled by beer cans that will be me testing the rule of law on "squatter's rights". I'm as jealous as your lawn is green.