PDA

View Full Version : Denny Rickards @ Amador Fly Fishers meeting

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-27-2005, 12:14 AM
This is a free presentation and guests are invited to the club meeting.

For 30 years, Denny Rickards has fished, guided, studied and unraveled the mysteries of catching trophy trout on flies in hard-fished public waters, one of the most difficult challenges facing Stillwater anglers around the world.

As a result of fishing under these difficult conditions, Denny narrowed his fly selection to six suggestive patterns for most of his fishing, honed his techniques for locating exceptional trout, sharpened his retrieve skills, and refined his presentations into a practical, easily mastered Stillwater system for catching huge trout in lakes, reservoirs and ponds.

Denny has written several books, and produced several videos as well. He can also be seen as one of several hosts for Fly Fish TV Magazine on the Outdoor Life Television Network.

Tuesday, January 17th at 6:30 PM

Argonaut High School
500 Argonaut Way
Jackson, CA 95642
Room 24

For information please contact:
Dustin Rocksvold
drocksvold@amadorflyfishers.org

http://www.flyfishingstillwaters.com/images/dennyEaglelake.jpg

Denny's web site:

http://www.flyfishingstillwaters.com/

Dustin Rocksvold
12-27-2005, 06:24 AM
Bill,

Thanks for posting this message. In response to your earlier email, there will be no cover charge, but guests purchasing raffle tickets would be great. :D We are looking to get new members into the club and I figured getting a well known speaker or two could not hurt. :wink:

I have also scheduled Jay Fair for the February meeting (2/21/05), Steve Korbay (Fly Tying Chronicles) for March (3/21/05), and Roger Bloom (DFG Associate Biologist-heritage trout) for April (4/18/05).

If anyone has questions please contact me via email as I work rotating shifts.

Thanks,

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Maybe some of us can get together and car pool up there on January 17th, Tuesday evening?

Dustin Rocksvold
01-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Bill,
Yes, the 17th is a Tuesday evening.

Dustin

MARK COTTRELL
01-18-2006, 10:32 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK TO THE AMADOR FLY FISHERS FOR INVITING THE PUBIC TO THERE MEETING. A GOURP OF US FROM MOTHER LODE FLY FISHING CLUB FROM SONORA CAME. IT WAS GREAT.