PDA

View Full Version : The truth about fishing

OregonSalmon
12-26-2005, 09:42 AM
I was pondering the veracity of fishing info, so I did a bit of introspection. The results are disturbing. The breakdown: even though I pride myself on fishing honesty, I only believe 76% of what I say. Not bad, but then have to subtract 23% for being theory, another 7% for conjecture, and a 16% embellishment tax. Ouch. Already down to 30% believable. We factor in poor eyesight, drunkeness, excited utterance, tap the keys, and whalla: down to 12%. Thought that was depressing enough, but had to count downright lies (a -10%) and I come out with the result that only 2% of the time you can trust what I say when it comes to fishing.
What do these results mean? The good news is that 1 in 50 times I babble about fishing I'm dead on the money. The bad news, sniff, today I realized I was a true feeeeeesheeeerrmmmaaaannn!!!! MOMMMMMY!!!!!

Hairstacker
12-27-2005, 03:14 AM
2%?!? That's downright pathetic. I figure I'm at 115% -- always the truth, plus 10% for prophetic wisdom, and 5% for a little ESP thrown in the mix. Oh, wait, that was a downright lie, wasn't it? Never mind.

OregonSalmon
12-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Prophetic widsom eh?....I need a bunch of that!!! Gonna have to steal that line Mike. It's a good-un. :lol: