PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays...

FoothillFlyFisher
12-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Merry Christmas to you Bill and your lovely wife, and your great staff at Kiene's. Thanks for all your help this year, at the shop and on this wonderful Forum.

Special thanks, to your staff a few Saturdays ago, while I was there Christmas shopping for my son.

You se we live in the foothills, and with a very busy job alot of the time it's very hard to visit your shop during the week. So this particular Saturday I needed to do my X-mas shopping for my Eleven year old son. He's wanted a 3 wt. rod all year. Dad's big mouth let it slip in front of him that I was headed out to Sac. to go to Kiene's, and Cullen was in the truck before I could tell him he'd have to sit this one out. You see he alway's wants to make the trip to visit your shop. Not knowing how'd I would pull this one off with my boy along for the ride, and the reason I was going there was him, I was feeling the holiday shopping stress. :( I arrived at the shop, Cullen and I made are normal loop around the store, stopping as we always do to pull down a few rods to get the feel of them. That day I got his attention on the 3 wt's. And before he knew it he'd picked out his Christmas gift. Still trying to think fast and figure out how I would be able to purchase it without him knowing. I walked over to the front counter and explained my situation to the wonderful guy's that where working that day. They told me they had this situation under control! The two of them split up, one working with me, and the other keeping Cullen busy, looking a fly's and tying matieral, and talking about fishing. He was none the wisher to what was going on. Before I knew it, I'd picked out a reel and had line spooled on it, paid and gone outside to the truck to hide the gift. When I got back in the shop he never knew I was gone.

Again thanks for having a great shop, and top of the line staff to help Dad's out during the Holiday season. ( You just don't get kind of service from a large dept. store )

Merry Christmas to you all. And, all of the board members on this great forum. May you all have "Happy and Safe Holiday Season."

Hairstacker
12-23-2005, 11:07 AM
That's a great story about what the guys did for you and your son. Bill should be proud, that just totally smacks of competence and caring. 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the great feedback 'Foothill'.

We are really lucky to have such a great group of people at the shop.

I think we all look forward to going to work there daily because it is always interesting and lots of fun.

Wednesday Caster
12-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Santa and his elves working hard! Way to go!
Truly a service oriented company as evident by this post.

Bill and Staff:
Have a wonderful Christmas and an abundantly blessed year!
You all deserve it.
Quinn

EricO
12-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Now that is one SLICK group working in Bill's shop...LOL!!

Fabulous story....that's CUSTOMER SERVICE! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Eric