PDA

View Full Version : All I got for Xmas

MSP
12-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Well I want to thank Thom for hosting and doing a great job as usual. My only complaint is I got stuck swapping with him. Here is the problem: :D

The wife keeps trying to swat the adult stone with a swatter! :x

The stone nymph keeps crawling off the table! ](*,)

The cricket won't shut up! [-X

The cased caddis keeps tucking back into it's case and just looks like rocks! :?

The lady bug is just cute as a button! No problem with it yet!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/MPutman/DSC00021.jpg

It goes without saying these flys will never see the water as no fish would be worthy. Outstanding ties Thom! Thanks again for the swap!

How'd I get so lucky \:D/

Happy Holidays to all! And to all great fishing! :fish:

David Lee
12-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Funny thing about Thom and Thom's flies .....

You meet Thom .... and he SEEMS totally 'normal' - then , you see some of his pet realistic bugs .... he says "oh , just something I'm foolin' around with" ....

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

An Artist of a tyer , and a hell of a nice guy , to boot (MSP is no slouch , either ....) . =D>

Regarding the holiday swap .... Sturmer and I got each other . How's this for funny - we tyed almost exactly the SAME flies !!!!! Great minds think alike , yeah ????

Who's hosting the Jan/Feb swap ??

David

SullyTM
12-21-2005, 10:06 AM
SEEMS totally "normal" :evil: Yah, dat's it David :wink:

Trust me..I have only been tinkering with realistics since March 2005! I enjoy the challenge, fish a few of them and have seen my "traditional" tying improve 3-fold! Caught my first shad on my own Wet Pinky with 2 wild and crazy guys from Sacramento :lol:

BTW...I opened my MSP swap flies last night and what I received were 3 infamous MSP Fox Poopahs :D Mike, you know how much of a poopah fan I've become. Thanks! The pearl braided body fly is going to be saved and not fished. The other two I'll save for my next American excursion...

I enjoyed this swap and I'll be back next year for another turn as Santa.

Later. Thom

Hairstacker
12-27-2005, 03:01 AM
Thom, all I can say is, "Wow." :shock: :shock: :shock: I had no idea you were into those. Now THAT is art. . . and very advanced tying. 8) 8) 8)

Mike, you are too funny! :lol:

David, I see no one has responded regarding a January/February swap. Probably preoccupied with Christmas shopping and festivities. With Christmas behind us and the weather we've been having lately, I'm sure interest will start to perk up. 8)