PDA

View Full Version : Yuba 12/18

rrivera
12-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes it was a wet day.... :shock: So bad at times I could just make the outline of the next angler only 20 yards from me. But the fish were already wet so they did not seem to mind eating while it rained.

Did well on tiny nymph rigs and swinging olive leeches & zonkers. 2 in hand on the swing & 3 nymphing. Missed about 4-6 more due to my "rookieness ways"

I kinda like fishing when it rains. Makes you really appreciate a sport where your focus is on a target that can exist in all kind of weather conditions. So when it rains, who cares. Get your ass out the water if you want anyway.!!

One note for those who are not familiar for the way the Yuba looks under the bridge today. "BE CAREFULL" Yes it can productive, but the platform to fish on is only 18 - 24 inches in some spots. Not fast water you take a dive, but deep in some spots. So please don't be a huge emerger, wade safe....

May all of you share wisdom, stories, or those who are just too plain shy to write and like to just read posts. May you and your loved ones have a great holiday and a health blessed new year. Tight lines to all... -RR

gryhackl
12-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Nice post Ray. Merry Christmas and warm holiday wishes to you as well.