PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays Bill and Marilyn, Board Members and..........

k.hanley
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
all of you who make the Kiene experience a class act. May all of your flies find happy fish! See you in the new year. :D
Cheers, Ken

SullyTM
12-16-2005, 08:34 AM
...and the same to you Ken. I can still hear your screams over that 18 pounder you caught on the American this past summer.

Happy Holidays to all Kiene Forum members...SullyTM

k.hanley
12-16-2005, 08:51 AM
That was a funnnnnnnnn catch Sully. My hands are still shaking! Have a great holiday buddy.
Cheers, K

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Merry Christmas Ken and thanks for helping us out in many ways here at Kiene's.

You are definitely part of our happy family.

Thanks to your partner Jay M too.

You two are really good for the sport of fly fishing.

Jay Murakoshi
12-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Bill, Marilyn & the Kiene Group,

It's always fun walking into your shop with all your great people working for you, a well inventoried shop and oh yeah, Marilyn's laugh. Sacramento could be my next home in the near future. We haven't set roots in Fresno.
Whatever happened to the good old days report. I loved reading about those days. I'm just realizing how many people I knew back then are still doing something in this industry. Last week, I just met Ken Lindsey who use to work for Creative Sports. He's now down in Van Nuys at the Fisherman's Spot. I think he's part owner of the store - not sure.
We talked about Andre and Dave and some of my flies that I use to tie up for Creative Sports, hey that's going back to the earrrrly '70's.
Oh well enough. have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Jay

PS Oh yeah, Sully when Ken hooked that striper both him and Mike swore it was at least 25lbs. I guess no more than 18lbs. Who one??? ME :D
But before that, you should have seen Ken on the upper river, especially when I hooked my miesly 9lber. He got quiet :( , but Mike and I was having fun. Oh well, next year is for bigger and better fishing

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Jay,

We would love having you right here in Sacto.

For the variety of fly fishing this state has to offer this is a pretty good town.

You could tie out front in the shop every day?????????

k.hanley
12-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I claim total ignorance of the accuracy of Jay Murakoshi's account on the river. I don't remember him in the boat that day... do you Sully??? :D
Cheers, K

David Lee
12-16-2005, 02:30 PM
I claim total ignorance of the accuracy of Jay Murakoshi's account on the river. I don't remember him in the boat that day... do you Sully??? :D
Cheers, K

I seem to remember two guys and a guide that couldn't tye a proper knot between them ........ :twisted:

Here's to many more days on the water , big Ken !!

Oh , yeah ..... Happy holidays to the rest of y'all !!

David :D

jbird
12-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone here and thanks for all the great info and reports. This is really a great bunch.....and God bless the coming year for us all.

Jbird

Jay Murakoshi
12-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey David,

Are you home or reporting from the hotel room in Baja.
I faintly remember Ken HOOT'N & HOLLER'N after he hooked that baby striper, the rest of the fish left the area. But it was definitly a great day on the water. Hopefully there will be more days in 2006

Jay

Bill Quinn
12-16-2005, 06:09 PM
This is a great board to learn all about flyfishing, but beyond that I think I see a demonstation of what collabortive learrning can be all about. I feel the warmth of character. I read about how experience on the water can be all the difference between catching and not catching fish. Most of all I really enjoy the heart felt passion for fishing you all possess and are willing to share with the rest of the board members. Lastly, thanks go to Bill and Marilyn for providing the forum for those of us who have acquired the fishing fever.

Merry Christmas Everyone
Bill Quinn