PDA

View Full Version : Delta report 12/13/05

Tony Buzolich
12-14-2005, 12:17 AM
With all these negative reports floating around I had just about given up the delta for this year until a couple of good customers came in to the shop and talked about really knocking them a few days earlier. Some guys take story a lot and some guys speak with honesty and I believed both of these guys.
Left Yuba City about 7:00am and headed south in to the fog. Fortunately it was mostly light and a slight breeze cleared the rest away as we approached the launch. The tide was just starting to come in and the water was suprisingly clear. Water temp was right at 50 degrees and bounced to 52 as we headed farther south into some of the dead end sloughs. Only marked a few fish on the screen but bait was showing everywhere. After a few casts up against the bank and docks, lots of slow pauses and drops, we started picking up fish. Lots of fish and almost nothing small. Most were in the 4# to 8# range with several in the 12#-14# bracket. Ended up with 25 fish. One of the best days I've ever had in the delta and all good fish.

The key?: find bait and you'll find fish. Find some good water above 50 degrees and they'll eat. Dead end water is always a bit warmer than moving water.

Wish I lived a little closer to the delta, I'd be back there again tomarrow.
TONY

Adam Grace
12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Congrats!

Striper are a TRUE "GAMEFISH"

Very powerful and fun!