PDA

View Full Version : The perfect date

OregonSalmon
12-11-2005, 09:00 AM
This one is for the ladies. "My perfect date for 12/11/2005"
We get up at 6:00 A.M, you have a cup of coffee and I slug down three beers. We head to the Necanicum where we "run the point" (steelhead fishing) for a couple of hours. By then the Relief Pitcher is open where you stand by the wood stove and I B.S. with my buddy's and have three more beers. Then we head down to the 12'th Street Bridge where we toss in the crab pots. I'll even bait em'. Then we race over to the cove to catch the low tide for some razor clamming. Back to the crab pots, and if we have available light, one more run through the point. If not, the Relief Pitcher and step three.
To show my romantic side, I'll even clean our catch.
Looking at my perfect date I think realistically I'll have to turn gay. Ouch.

jbird
12-11-2005, 09:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-11-2005, 10:06 AM
You left out a real close shave and shower in the morning honey.

Terry Thomas
12-11-2005, 11:25 AM
An Oregon coastal ten: the total count of teeth!

ripdlip
12-11-2005, 12:18 PM
If your interested...I make a mean cup of coffee!
:lol:
Jared
555-1245

Darian
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey Galen,..... Everything sounds good up there.... 8) Ya got enuff stuff to make a good sea food stew.... 8) 8) Now,... you gotta find a friendly sheep :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

mems
12-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Aloha, I heard those femal saskwatches aren't too bad looking if you don't mind the fur and you keep the lights off. Other than that you might be pretty lonely in the woods up there. Mems.

bubzilla
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Yep, heavy drinking followed by catching crabs. Sounds like the typical date on the coast, alright.

sculpin
12-11-2005, 08:50 PM
You guys are killin me. LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-11-2005, 09:19 PM
I tell these young guys that when they go out bar hopping they look around the room to see if there are any girls there they would go home with.

When your my age you look around and see if there are any you wouldn't ?

They all look better the older you get.

I guess you stop looking when they nail down the lid to your coffin?

Now sheep is an acquired taste according to Geller.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/9609/jokesjs.html#VsWomen

OregonSalmon
12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Boys,
It wasn't the perfect date today but I did get to go clamming. Have not been on the coast for five years to stick a shovel in the sand and I was chomping on the bit to do so. Not a bit, the head off a couple of beer cans, so my buddy hauled me into town (Seaside). I was stubborn off the bat, headed to the Cove, my ol' stompin' grounds, but I noticed 700 yards up the beach there was a small crowd and with squinty eyes I smelled they were digging a few. Now I know that that scent and smell are two different senses, but they are on the head, close together, so for once I went toward the crowd, even with severe anxiety disorder.
There were the clams, necking. I don't know how much you boys know about clams, but when they are shallow enough to neck, you got em'. I figure for the first time I will dig my limit of razors. Even I can see them. Fish in a barrel. First clam I dig with my buddy's rusty shovel, the shaft breaks. Now I have just a trowel. Clams everywhere, and I have the head to a trench shovel in my hand. Like all good Irishmen, I said "screw it", kinda loud, and managed eleven. The limit is fifteen. Five years ago on a good show I dug fourteen. Damn the Clam God.
Those pesky sand diggin sum-bitches have beaten my clam pride for the last friggin' time!!! If in two months, I am not able to dig a limit, I will walk into the surf, my head being found three months later on a Washington beach. Those clams won't have G. Geller to kick around anymore. Sorry about the line Dick Nixion.

Darian
12-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Galen,..... Walkin' into the surf sounds a little drastic to me.... 8) If you want to take a bath, there's simpler ways.... :lol: :lol: Or, you could switch to diggin' Littlenecks. They're found in the more gravelly areas (....can't move as quick don'tchaknow). 8) 8) Wonder what Littlenecks do when they're up near the top :?: :lol:

mems
12-12-2005, 12:56 AM
A little necking don't ya recon!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-12-2005, 10:07 AM
I was just talking with some friends who live on the Oregon coast and they said you can buy a little fishing shack in a little village around Tillamook Bay for under $100 grand.

I might have to drive up there again and check it out this summer when it over 100 degrees and stinky here in Sacramento.

There are lots of nice RV parks on the coast as well.
__________________________________________________ __________
I drove up through there about 25 years ago with Craig Ziegler fishing from here all the way to Seaside in September.

We first stopped at the Klamath for some Steelhead which was good, then it was all down hill from there for two weeks.

Next we put in our prams at Ferndale on the tide water of the Eel River looking for some early King salmon. They were there but did not bite anything for two entire days. We ran into Ted Linder and he said after two weeks on them he gave up and went clamming ??

We drove up the Oregon coast stoping on every river. We fished the Nestuca for what ever. I did catch one small Steelhead and was hoping for a Searun Cutthroat.

We ate clam chowder in every town on the Oregon coast and Craig sampled their coffee.

It was a great trip with not very good fishing but the food was good.

OregonSalmon
12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Kiene,
The sea runs are making a comeback after years of overfishing and habitat destruction. The boys have been doing well on dries and wets during the winter. Break up the doldrums between likely steelhead holes. No fish is safe. Hopefully they won't get into birdwatching.

Hairstacker
12-13-2005, 12:49 AM
bubzilla, you are TOO funny! :lol: