PDA

View Full Version : Yuba ?

Jasonh
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Anyone seen any BWO comng off on the Yuba recently? It should be about that time!

Jason Hartwick

MSP
12-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey Jason, last Wed. they started coming off about 12:30 or so and lasted about 2 hours. It was a overcast day just before some rain on Thurs. Only could persuad one fish to the hook though. Lots of fish coming up but they were pretty picky. I love trying to fugure that stuff out, even if I don't :shock:

Went back this Wed. and it was the exact same type of day, overcast with a light rain off and on. The bugs didn't want to cooporate this day though. Only a sporadic hatch and a few fish rising for 10 - 15 minutes. Did pick up two fish on my out on BWO's just blind casting. Go figure.

Got a nice 20" 1/2 pounder today on the "A" swinging a black woolybugger. Quite a few BWO's coming off most of the day but didn't see and risers. The water was off color for some reason, only about 2ft visability when I got there. I seemed to be clearing a bit when I left. There you have it, I spilled my guts!

The salmon snaggers are pathetic. Taking them right off the redds and thinking they are real sportsmen. How would they like getting stuck in the ass with an ice pick while they were doing the wild monkey dance? I'd like to show them! :twisted:

I'm done!

Jasonh
12-09-2005, 06:26 PM
The second half of that post i could vote for post of the year! Those salmon snaggers are freakin idiots. Looks like the BWO hatches are just getting started, so hopefully by the time i get back in a couple of weeks they will be in full swing. Cant wait to hit the american for some steelies and the yuba fishing BWO's for rising trout!

Jason Hartwick

Adam Grace
12-10-2005, 12:09 AM
The "Wild Monkey Dance"?

Mike, put the beer bottle down :lol: