PDA

View Full Version : American Steelhead

ripdlip
12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Went out yesterday (in the rain) and was able to land three steelhead to 9lbs. The others were around 6lbs. I cant tell you where or else..well you know. All on the dropper.
http://www.calfishing.com/albums/Other-Fish/abb.sized.jpg
http://www.calfishing.com/albums/Other-Fish/aba.sized.jpg

Tony Buzolich
12-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Hi ? Rip? ( I have trouble calling anybody I don't know well by a handle").

Those are prime winter steelhead anywhere and obviously fresh from the salt. Lots of the fish in the Feather that size have already started turning to their spawn colors but they've been coming in for a long time though.

My question, if you'd like to elaborate, is what kind of dropper do you use?
We assume you're using an indicator followed by splitshot and a fly of some sort. But when I hear "dropper", I can only assume a two flyset-up.

Any more details you'd care to share?
TONY

ripdlip
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Your assumtion is correct. Indicator, two splitshot, egg, beadhead.

sculpin
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Nice fish Rip

Mark

Jasonh
12-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Wow, thats pretty impressive to land three large steelies on the same day in the American this time of year. Cant say i have ever done that. You obviously have a "honey hole!" Keep it up.

Jason Hartwick

Gregg
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Ripdlip-

Love the photos, keep 'em coming!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Wow.........just wonderful.

Thanks for the great info and wonderful pics......Lips.

Hairstacker
12-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Ripdlip, very nice, great job!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Rip,

The next time you leave to go fishing you might check to see if any of these guys here are following you?

When I worked at a bait-n-tackle shop in West Sac we had an old guy who caught tons of catfish somewhere??

So the owner, Harry Boley, and a friend actually followed this guy as he left our shop with 6 pounds of live river clams just to find out where he was fishing.

ripdlip
12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I really never have days like that. I think I was in the right place at the right time. Obviously! :)