PDA

View Full Version : Nice article Bill....

jbird
12-07-2005, 10:08 PM
....in the new fly fisherman magazine, on the past, present and future of flyshops. You are so right! Nothing compares to the intimacy (sp) of the smaller fly shops and the one on one service they provide. We have had some changes in my favorite local fly shop, including staff. Its an outdoor store with a fly section. The new guy running the fly section is very open to suggestions on materials and supplies to order for the shop. Because of this, he is building a nice selection of saltwater materials, previously unuavailable locally. All of our shops around here are so focused on steelhead, Ive always had to order my SW stuff online.

I hope I can get a chance to come down and drop some change at your shop Bill. You're a class act :wink:

Jay

Jasonh
12-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Just got done reading that article. Well written Bill.

Jason Hartwick

Gregg Machel
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM
This article is in the Tightlines section of the February issue of Flyfisher magazine on page 8, titled Still Ticking.

Congrats on the article Bill, very well done! :)

bubzilla
12-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I prefer that place to all others too, Jay, but the musical chairs they have going there all the time gets a guy down. Hope things get settled down there again. The new manager laughed when I told him the old manager--despite being a great guy--was "dead to me" given his current choice in employers. This was about two minutes after he got done telling me a story about how some guy brought in two, mind you TWO, broken running lines for warranty service at the same time. "Boy," I said, "that guy must catch a lot of big sucker fish to wreck running lines like that." :wink:

I haven't seen the new Fly Fisherman but I saw a very small picture of the February cover the other day being advertised as "available now" while looking for something on their website. Looked like Jon Hazlett's wife holding a 'nook. Is that what's on the cover of the issue that's out now?

jbird
12-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Yep! And you know where she got it. :wink:

gryhackl
12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Bill
The thing you neglected to mention in your letter that appeared in the latest Fly Fisherman magazine is that there aren't any of those "big box stores" that will keep a box of Milk Bones in the back room for my dog when we come in. I've been hanging out in your fly shop since I moved to Sacramento in 1975. We have both gone through a lot of changes since then but I know that I can always count on your hospitality, friendship and latest dope on where they're biting.

Jay Murakoshi
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey gryhackl,

I thought those milk bones were for the customers. Heck, Andy offered me a couple but he said they didn't have any milk "Got Milk"
I just came home from Barnes & Noble and read the article while I was sistting there sipping on a cup of coffee. I don't see how they sell any magazines with all the people sitting there and reading. I would think they would at least have the courtesy to put the magazines back on the rack.

Bill, you'll around for a couple more decades.

Jay

Rob
12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
No matter how far away we are Bill, Kiene's will still be our #1 Shop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Our%20Home%20in%20Utah/kienesandIce.jpg

God Bless
Rob