PDA

View Full Version : Some really nice rods and reels for sell

Robert Francisco
12-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Over the years I have managed to get a lot of duplication in my fly fishing gear. Thus I am selling quite a bit of stuff. I would prefer to sell to some locals vs going the ebay route thus I have tried to price all of the gear to sell. All of the gear was originally purchased from Bill. I can be reached at:

Shastamountain@gmail.com

Hardy reel: new Bougle MKIV 3.75. with two extra spools. This is a classic steelhead reel that matches beautifully with an 8wt rod. The reel was fished once on the Skagit. The reel and spools are in mint condition.
Originally retail was:
Reel $360
Spool $90 each
Total $540

Will sell all three for $350

Scott fly rod. G88 2/3. This 8’8”, 2wt, 3 piece rod is a wonderful hat creek rod. Originally owned by Alan Barnard, this rod bears his name on the butt section. The rod is in excellent condition. I also have two like new lines that go with the rod. I do not know the original retail on this rod but a new g-series retails for $595.

Will sell rod and lines for $300

G-Loomis fly rod: FR1087-4. This is an original (NOT cross-current) GLX 7wt, 9”, 4 piece. This rod has never been fished and is in the original sock and tube. I clumsily broke the original in Belize and Loomis replaced the rod with a brand new one. This is a great bonefish rod or light stripper rod. Original retail was ~$600.

Will sell for $300

G-Loomis fly rod: FR 1089-4. This is an original (NOT Cross current) GLX 9wt, 9”, 4 piece. This rod is in very excellent condition and has been fished for one week in Belize. The rod is lucky and has landed a 12lb Permit. Great saltwater or local striper rod. Original retail was ~$600.

Will sell for $300

Sage 1190-3RPLX. 11wt, 9’, 3 piece rod that handles a 12wt line beautifully. It has a for- grip. This rod is VERY lucky and has landed a hundred pound tarpon. The rod is in very good/excellent condition in the original sock and tube. This rod is a few year old but is an absolute work horse if you are targeting really big fish. Original retail was ~$450

Will sell for $150

Sage SP696-3. 6wt, 9’6”, 3 piece rod. This is a wonderful Yuba river rod with that classic SP action. The rod has been fished but is in good condition in the original sock and tube. I think the original retail was ~$450

Will sell for $300

Sage graphite 6wt, 7”9” 2 piece. This is an interesting rod with a down locking reel seat. I do not know the history of the rod but it is in very good condition and cast a 6wt beautifully. This would be an excellent backup or perfect first rod for someone new to the sport.

Will sell for $60

RL Winston BL5, 10wt, 9’ custom. This is an absolutely beautiful rod that I believe was originally wrapped by Gary Anderson. It has a nickel silver reel seat with a fighting butt. The rod bears my name on the butt section. The rod has only been fished once and is in excellent condition. It is in an after market tube and sock. The rod has a wonderful action for salmon or Permit fishing and lays a crab pattern out beautifully. It is not as fast as some of the supper high modulus roads but if you like a slightly slower action this rod may be for you. I originally paid ~$600 for this rod.

Will sell for $300

Thanks,

Robert Francisco
shastamountain@gmail.com

Jay Murakoshi
12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Robert,

Send me an email, I keep getting my emails to you returned
I will take the 9' 7wt and thinking about the 9' 9wt
Could you reply asap because I'm leaving for LA in the morning

My email address is

jaysflies@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Jay

bruce mace
12-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I would like the Bougle set-up... got a rod that needs this reel. And, more importantly... steelhead old-school fever. Getting worse the fewer chromers I touch. Might as well simplify the reel.
Bruce (415) 302-5436

Robert Francisco
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
Hardy reel: SOLD
GLX rods (7wt & (wt): SOLD
Sage RPL 11wt: SOLD

Everything else is still available.

Robert

Jay Murakoshi
12-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Just a note to thank Robert for selling me the Loomis GLX rods. Both rods will definitly get some use. Been searching for the GLX rods since they were discontinued a few years ago.

Thanks

Jay