PDA

View Full Version : Help.........ecommerce advice.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-06-2005, 12:58 AM
We are getting near the design stage for our new ecommerce web site with lots of decisions to make.

Can you tell us if you have any favorite ecommerce web sites, fly fishing and/or non-fly fishing.

Thanks for any help or ideas or suggestions.

Wednesday Caster
12-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Bill,
Because I'm south, I check on Bob Marriots page for resources. Ironically, I've yet to order anything online. I like going in their
superstore of FFing and wasting 1.5 hours to buy 1 thing- like
going to Home Depot for a package of washers.
Quinn

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks Quinn,

We had a friend recently stop my Marriott's and was really blown away with their large selection.

I think they are the largest fly shop period.

sculpin
12-06-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.saltwaterflies.com/catalog2.html

jfkowalski
12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Marriotts may be the largest store around but their catalog is the pits. They need another submenu! An example; if you go into their Hooks section, you find tht there are perhaps 20 pages of hooks in their catalog. However if you want Tiemco hooks, there is nothing to tell you where in those 20 pages Tiemco hooks are listed. You must start on page one, and go through the system page by page. Also when you find the item there may be no description, no quantites, no pictures.
Kaufmans catalog is one of the best!! When you go to hooks, there is a menu that allows youto go directly to one of three different brands of hooks. Good descriptions, good quantites, drawings or pictures. Much less frustrating.
The Fly Shops and Cabelas systems are good but not as good as Kaufmans.

Digger
12-06-2005, 10:27 AM
for fly fishing equip:
feather-craft.com
orvis.com
riverwire.com

for other gear:
rei.com
sierratradingpost.com
cabelas.com

jfkowalski
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I agree with digger that Orvis's and Riverwires sites are first class. I have reservations about Feather -Craft's navigation: I think it works well with a limited inventory, but would be cumbersome if you need more pages.

randy
12-08-2005, 07:03 PM
I agree with jfKowalski

randy
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
I agree with jfKowalski