PDA

View Full Version : Feather report

PatrickM
12-06-2005, 04:04 AM
Due to a strange one day illness that I was able to predict days in advance, I managed to sneak out to the low flow section of the Feather last Friday with David Lee. We were fairly well behaved the night before, and managed to make it to the river by about 10 am. The weather was great, but the fishing was a bit slow for us. Total body count was one smolt, two half-pounders, and one salmon to hand. All fish were caught on egg patterns.
Despite the fishing being a bit slow, it was still a fun day on the river with good company. Looking forward to next time, DL. Have fun in Mexico.

David Lee
12-06-2005, 04:24 AM
PM fails to mention that HE landed the three Steelies :x

PM also fails to mention that only I used an egg pattern - dunno what he calls what he was using :evil:

After watching his masterey of downstream drifting and picking up fish out of water I've just gone through , I figure I'll keep him up LATE before the next trip :twisted:

Beautiful day on the water , and a great guy to share it with - life doesn't get any better than that - Thanks for bringing me along w/ you =D>

David :smoke:

Jasonh
12-06-2005, 06:08 AM
Nice report guys. Sounds like a good trip despite being sick!!!!!

Jason Hartwick

BigBuddha
12-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Seems difficult to get the pattern past all the salmon. I went on Saturday in the wind and broke off two salmon, but landed a good sized sucker about 25 inches. I got out late and only got to fish a couple hours, but it was still fun.

jbird
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
A 25" sucker!!??? Wow! That wouldve been worth seeing. I caught a big one (not that big) in september whos mouth looked just like a toilet plunger....funny lookin feller.

Jay