PDA

View Full Version : Christmas shopping.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-04-2005, 12:09 PM
You better get out to the malls and get your shopping done soon before it gets too crazy.

We don't even get busy at the fly shop till two weeks before Christmas.

We have been getting in some of the smart early shoppers already though.

Gregg Machel
12-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I noticed at the store the other day that they have a box up by the registers where you can put your name and the items you want (kind of like a gift registry). This way you can send in your wives (or significant others) and they will know what to get you because you have it on file.

OregonSalmon
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
The words "smart" and "fly shop" should never be used in the same sentence. Hell, the same paragraph!!! Durn sport has ruined my life and Kiene I blame you!!! That's a first, not blaming my sainted mother for my ills. There I was, an impressionable youth, and Kiene with his wily ways molded me into a rabid feesherman'. There was always the hot spot, or the hot fly, or the hot month...I swallowed it faster than a pie on Rosanne's plate.
Thirty years later that damn Kiene can still make me swallow the hook, the line, and the sinker. I see water and I stick my head out the window like a young lab. The day I walked into your first fly shop was the last time I was smart. All downhill since I crossed that demonic threshold. You may as well have been holding a pitchfork instead of a fly rod Bill.
O.K., maybe it hasn't been all that bad.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Geller,

My best work was sending you guys over to Indian Valley Reservoir which was suppose to be "just an hour away just on the other side of Woodland".

I guess it turned out to be near 3 hours by the time you"suckers" got to the water?

Well I almost felt sorry about that one.

My excuse was that it was a new place 30 years ago and I had not been there. I guess we did "use" you youngsters to go scouting to see if a place wa any good first?

OregonSalmon
12-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Wilbur,
Shoot Billy, gettin' lost is the best part of fishing. Plus, you sent us to FAR more good spots than bad spots. On Indian Creek I learned a valueble lesson in life: get the whole story. I should have questioned the story when you said that duck hunters who just happened to have midge rods were the source. The best times fishing are the worst times. Ya' get to bitch, an Irishman's favorite pastime, and the base of comedy is tradegy. Plus, when you get to tell a personal story of pain, people will listen, for who likes to hear a tale of success. Bill Gates always get shunned at the tavern.
You shared plenty of perfect knowledge leading to plenty of wonderful days Billybob. The Dead were right; "what a long strange trip it's been". I'm out the door for some feeshin' for another one.