PDA

View Full Version : PETA's attitude towards fishing

jfkowalski
12-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Here is a link to an interesting article about Peta and their attitude towards fishing.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10265078/

Adam Grace
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
I think that we need to put a hook in that PETA guys lip and drag him around, distributing that sh** to kids.

Damn animal fanatics! I love animals too, I just like them BBQ'd or roasted that's all! :lol:

Nobody should tortue animals but eating them is just fine.

And since when has any fisherman hooked a fish and used a car to"drag" it out of the water, stupid activists.

Now you see what you did jfkowalki, I'm all fired up.

Gregg
12-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Oh, man. That is too funny. Normally, I think Tucker Calson is completely idiotic...but he's right on the money here. God, I love activists. Whether it's PETA, Michael Nudow, the ACLU, or whoever. They're good for a laugh every now and then... I think Tucker gets it right on when he talks about fishermen preserving fish populations and habitat. It's just like how duck hunters have increased preserve acreage and increased waterfowl populations. In my opinion, that's why we are here (as in "here on Earth") to use the resources, but not abuse them. Nice post jfkowalski...this should gather more than a handful of messages on this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol:

David Lee
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Don't get me started .

I promised Gregg M. that I wouldn't cuss and swear on the board too much ......

So , I'll let this one SLIDE .

David :twisted:

Hairstacker
12-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Just more confirmation that those PETA people are nuts.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-03-2005, 12:27 AM
In some ways it is like freedom of religion? beliefs..........

They can believe what they want to and we can believe what we want to.

They just better leave us alone.

MSP
12-03-2005, 01:57 AM
I say we just put them around some ham and cheese and have at em! :twisted:

OregonSalmon
12-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I can't believe I have to agree with Tucker Carlson but that PETA boy was out of line. First off, and especially for an organization that is based on ethics, to use a marketing scheme to target kids is rephrehensible. I don't like it when companies use the technique to sell kids toys or sugar cereal, but for PETA? What the hell were those boys thinkin'?

I have no problem with PETA. I love fish, love to look at them, love to learn their amazing behavior, love everything about the critters. I do struggle with the morality of dragging around something I love, but like most, I ain't too far out of the cave so the hunter/gatherer kicks in and I'll be feeshin' today baby!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not THEIR facts, so I'm calling B.S. on the eating fish rots your brain. The positive benefits of fish has been documented for decades. Fish don't rot your brain....it's fishing that rots the brain!!!

Eyecatch Tinytrout
12-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Sounds to me like these jerks are just targeting kids 'cause they're impressionable. Focus group my arse, they're feeding this garbage to young people who don't have the critical thinking skills to see that it's just a bunch of hooey.

It's so irresponsible, even for PETA.

SullyTM
12-03-2005, 04:14 PM
I won't even go to the link...Why condone their site with a visit?! SullyTM

Wednesday Caster
12-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Advocacy and argumentation. One must obtain information about both sides of the subject to be able to debate ones belief-side. Thanks for the view of a opposing side. Mine falls on the fishing side as obvious through my participation in the sport.
From day one, mankind was entrusted with the resources of this land and the usage of it. As a steward of the land, I will protect it but will take from it also responsibly.
The true fact is that this world has much more to be concerned about than fish feeling pain (not yet scientifically proven). There is war, abuse to children, women, elderly, defenseless, drug addiction, homelessness and disease.
PETA is now focusing its efforts and funds to target children- propaganda at the least. Unethical? Definitely. Their spokesperson's responses ring of EGO that says they have written a great marketing campaign that created a stir- which is afterall marketing success. Their message is not purposeful and will not persuade fisherman to stop fishing. How tragic is their use of funds and effort in what they have been entrusted to. I'd love to see them use it for the pains of the world.
Our only response is to take our children out in the field (hiking, camping, hunting and fishing) with us, bond with them as parents and children, teach them stewardship of the land and most importantly love them.
Just my .02 and my response to those uninformed who asks me if I have seen this type of propaganda since everyone in my circle knows that I'm a fisherman.

David Lee
12-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Beautiful post , Quinn ......

You've missed your calling - I think it's time you wrote for a living .

David

Brad Blancett
12-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Here's a Video

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1126948538/peta_bullshit

Sorry about wording in the Link title Bill