PDA

View Full Version : The Necanicum

OregonSalmon
11-29-2005, 03:06 PM
It has been four years since I've lived on the banks of the Necanicum River on the north coast of Oregon and I'm happy to say I've never seen the river happier. The stream took a lot of water well over Thanksgiving; just like me it was high and clear. I'm thinking the wounds over the years have healed to a great extent.
Ya just gotta love that Maw Nature. Toughest bitch ever. Given time, the Woman will put a band-aid and a kiss to all our mistakes. Very good girl.
Plenty of pressure on the riv which leads me to believe one guy lied to another guy about a fish he may or may not have hooked a week ago. Hell I see no reason even to trust myself on what I may or may not have hooked. I am certain the ironheads are here, and that I have ten fingers, not to be confused with my ten toes.
Think February and March you poor southin' buggers for then the wild bunch shows up and the weather is more predictable than a crack whore's bank account.

Darian
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Necanicum :?: :?: I thought that book was called the Necronomicon :? (you know, the book of the dead.... :shock: ) How does a book have fish swimmin' in it :?: :?: :?: Ohhh!!.... The Necanicum is a riv.... Oh,.... nevermind..... :roll: :roll:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-30-2005, 12:12 AM
The Necanicum River flows out right at Seaside, Oregon over from Portland.

It even has a nice little tide water in town.

I had my best luck there snagging Dungeness crabs.

http://www.dungeness.com/crab/crab.jpg

Hell of a fight.

David Lee
11-30-2005, 12:24 AM
The Necanicum River flows out right at Seaside, Oregon over from Portland.

It even has a nice little tide water in town.

I had my best luck there snagging Dungeness crabs.

http://www.dungeness.com/crab/crab.jpg

Hell of a fight.

Errrrrr , Crab on the end of the line fight ?? Or , fight over the last Crab in the pot fight ?!?

Portland is a beautiful city - 10,000 breweries , and looks like a flat San Francisco . Too bad it rains so much you wanna shoot yerself after 3 weeks there :idea: :crybaby:

David , who does NOT do winter very well .

OregonSalmon
11-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Darian, you are clearly insane!!! You would fit in well here on The Compound.

New Kiene nicks: Dangerous Dungeness Bill...Crabcake Kiene....

David, you big sissy!!! Portland gets a meager 44" annually, Seaside 65", and here on The Compound (14 miles inland) probably around 80" and I don't even own a raincoat!!! That 40 days and 40 nights thing in the Bible, hell, I could do that in shorts and barefoot!!! Much like when you fight the bull, you get the horns....when you live in the rainforest, you get the rain. A few perks of the rainforest: the forest, the rivers, the feesh, the green, the mushrooms, the elk...all sorts of plus items. I could however do without how the dog smells once the rains come. He is going to bankrupt me on scented candles.