PDA

View Full Version : New Years resolutions !!!!

David Lee
11-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Been awhile since we had a poll -

What ya gonna change for 2006 ?

Add one if it suits you .

David :D

David Lee
11-27-2005, 10:16 PM
My resolution is ..... fish on top more .

Maybe I should have gone with the baitfishing one .... :P

David :mrgreen:

Hairstacker
11-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I think this year, I will strive to do 3 things:

1. Catch a new fish species with the fly rod. This is a perennial goal for me -- last year, it was the spotted bass. 8)

2. Fish more waters I've never tried before.

3. Crack the Delta smallmouth bass code.

Ed Wahl
11-28-2005, 07:29 AM
I need to get serious about finishing the heritage trout challenge. A great excuse to see a lot of new country.

Jasonh
11-28-2005, 08:01 AM
I would like to travel more with my flygear next year. Considering how much i travel for golf, there are so many good places i could fish around the country.

Jason Hartwick

Nip Hadlock
11-28-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm resolved to fishing more...maybe getting my son interested...

FoothillFlyFisher
11-28-2005, 10:33 AM
For 2006 I would like to locate an area where my eleven year old son and I could catch some Golden Trout somewhere in the sierra's.

I should start doing my homework now, because before you know it next season will be here.

If anyone has any suggestions it certainly be appriecated. Thanks

PaulC
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
My resolution would be to spend more morning sessions on the way to work than last year.

As for goldens...
Places worth trying with for goldens with a young one (i.e. not alot of backpacking) would be the kern river and the upper tributaries (pretty much the only drive up golden trout without 4wd) and 20 lakes basin on the other side of saddlebag lake. You could also look at pack trips if you still want to go way into the backcountry without lugging gear.
I think they run one out of Brock's in Bishop...or used to at least.

At Saddlebag, they have a water taxi across the lake and walking is minimized. There are two lakes close to the dropoff with goldens. Great view and a short hike (~5 mi loop)can bring you to many other lakes with rainbows, brookies, etc. Fishing the stream right that runs through Tioga Pass Resort can also be a fun spot for younger kids to fish for stockers.
-Paul

sculpin
11-28-2005, 01:23 PM
1 Spend Dec. thru Feb. some place warm and dry on the beach with out to many people around.

2 Spend more time fishing for steelhead in waters other than the Rogue. I'm in a rut but a pleasant one.

3 As always work on casting better. Although I think it's a lost cause.

4 Quite putting drinking,chewing,cussing ect on the list. It never works and I really enjoy all of it.

Mark

MSP
11-28-2005, 01:25 PM
My resolutiion is to quit replying to so many polls :roll:

Wingman
11-28-2005, 06:19 PM
I plan on being Jeff Putnam's best success story for 2006" :oops:
I can't help being "Spey Challenged". I plan on practicing, a lot, but I know I need to save my money because it is going to take a lot of lessons! ](*,) Since just getting out is difficult I plan to "practice" mostly while fishing. :D

rrivera
11-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Besides more casting practice - I dedicate this new year comming to swinging wet hackle flies for trout. Nymph rigs take so much time to set up. We'll see how it goes folks. :!:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-29-2005, 09:35 AM
David,

I did not see "hit the lotto" on your list?

jbird
11-29-2005, 07:49 PM
I think I need to commit a little more to stillwater. There are some really good lakes in my area that I would like to learn to effectivly mine their riches.

Jay