PDA

View Full Version : Fake Sage rods on Ebay...

Gregg
11-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey all... I know most everyone buys all their equipment from Kiene's, but I thought I'd relay a thread I read on Dan Blantons board. Apparently there is a high number of fake fly fishing items on eBay, primarily Sage rods, Abel reels, and Tibor reels from sellers in China. Have a look at the thread at http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=56825 and beware. Even more reason to stay with an established shop like Kiene's...

Wingman
11-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Greg, good observation, eBay is the largest in the online/internet auction world, and as being such they attract many sharks hoping to score on the large school of unsuspecting bait fishes (buyers) looking for super deals on almost anything you can think of. EBay appears to work very hard at screening it's member/sellers and the ads they place. It is however a "buyer beware" world. EBay does have built in buyer protections where other smaller sites do not. If you exercise both caution and common sense you should be able to avoid becoming shark food while shopping. There is much to be said for the personal service a good local shop can provide beyond the purchase of any particular item. This forum provided by Kiene's Fly Shop is a perfect example. Thanks Bill and crew!