PDA

View Full Version : Where to go???

Gregg
11-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Well guys and gals...I get my leg cast off on Tuesday and would like to hit a lake or pond for some trout. I won't quite have the strength to wade or hike, so I thought kicking around in a float tube for a few hours could be considered "therapeudic"... I was thinking, since it hasn't really snowed yet, Fuller could be some fun. I'm in the Marysville area, so hoping for something within a hour or two drive. What do you guys think? I would even be down to pay to get on some private water...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-25-2005, 10:47 AM
I would hire Capt. Kevin Doran and have him take you around in the Delta for Stripers now. He has all the gear.

You could invite a Friend too or take a family member.

He has a big comfortable 19' Boston Whaler.

http://www.deltaadventures.com/images/carlo-sunsetcast.gif

Kevin's web site:

http://www.deltaadventures.com/index.htm

Darian
11-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Gregg,... How about Merle Collins (Oregon House) Reservoir or Bullards Bar :?: :?: Other, fairly local, options for float tubes might be One Mile Pond or the Forebay/Afterbay in the Feather River Wildlife Area, Lake Oroville or Little Grass Valley Reservoir, etc. :?: :?: Too many opportunities to name. 8) 8) 8)

11-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey Darian
Have you fished one mile pond? I hate to travel that far to catch LM,but it has always intreged me. For now I think the days are too short and the water too cold for the fly guys. I got skunked on Cameron Park lake yesterday.

Darian
11-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi Sturmer,.... Haven't fished One Mile Pond, recently. If the water temps aren't too cold, it should be OK, tho. 8) The only problem I see is that the pond is fairly shallow.... :? Water could cool pretty fast there. :(

I've caught sunfish and Large mouth on bugs up there.... 8) I've never seen a large number of people fishing it either. :) Interesting place. :) :)

11-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks Darian
I will keep that one in mind for spring.
Surfice bass are my passion.
Maybe we can get a group of guys from the board for a fishout???