PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek Prams

Jay Murakoshi
11-24-2005, 02:27 PM
A while back, did someone have a 10' spring creek pram for sale.
I've been checking into purchasing one in the near future. I need more than 8', carry way to much junk when striper fishing. Spring Creek discontinued making the Kevlar boats. The owner, Jim told me all about it in an email. After reading the email, I can see why.
But now, I'm looking for a lighter pram. Presently I'm using a Keaton 8' pram that's getting heavier and heavier. No it's not full of water, I'm just getting weaker. Even though I workout in the gym everyday, I'm losing my lifting strength. I can dead lift (to my knees) 165lbs but the pram is different.

So, if there was a Spring Creek for sale, did it sell? Or is anyone getting ready to sell on

Thanks

Jay

Brad Blancett
11-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Jay I need to search for Rich Lewis's info He has/had a 10' hopper II with 1 seat . Nice rig with custom Carbon Fiber lay up .

Brad Blancett
11-24-2005, 10:52 PM
Duplicate post ?????

David Lee
11-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Jay -

Try a float tube . Using one will make sure you don't carry too much crap .

Plus , it's a swell workout for that growing knee .

Please come back to Sacramento soon , I can't get the Sea Habit head right -

Love ya !!!!!!!!

David :evil:

Jay Murakoshi
11-24-2005, 11:56 PM
David,

I will be in Sacramento on Jan. 19, 2006 for the ISE show. We will doing a fly tying presentation and I think a POWER POINT program a few times during the week. Check the papers for time and dates

Jay

If you need help, drop me an email and try to explain what problems you are having

David Lee
11-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Well .......

Truth be told - I'm NOT Jay Murakoshi ! I haven't the chance (thank God ....) to tye 50,000. of those Sea Habit flies . Some very good tyers can do 'most' things , I just cannot come to terms w/ the tube head - mine look like they are smokin' crack .

I'm sure fish don't really care , but I fear the day I run into you on the A. ....... and you look at my sorry take on your bug . And you die laughing . :oops:

Rest assured , I will visit you at ISE - I'll even bring lunch :idea:

David , lover of humble pie and good mylar heads .

Jay Murakoshi
11-25-2005, 10:24 PM
David,

I won't be tying flies at any of the booths or tyer's row but will be in the Fly Tying Video theater on Sat 10:30am & Sun 1:30pm. Oh yeah, the dates are 21st and the 22nd of Jan. I will have my tying equipment there and maybe give you a private lesson. I might be tying the sea habit in the video theater.

Jay