PDA

View Full Version : American report 11-20-2005

David Lee
11-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Meandered on down to Glen Hall , brought my 7 wt. and the 8/9 Spey so I could get some 'practice' in .

Ran into board member Nightgoat - very nice fellow who needs to start posting more (he's a little reserved ....) . We BSd for an hour or so .... then , he had to scram .

He should have stuck around :twisted:

4th cast w/ the Loop Spey (10 foot leader , type 3 shooter) , feed line into the drift ........ good sharp yank as a Steelie goes airborn :shock:

Several screaming runs later , nice 18 inch wild fish !!!

No more hits for 1 1/2 hours , try the 7 wt. w/ WF-8I line on it - feels like a toy after single handing the loop for a few hours :lol: For the first time in my life , bomb out entire 82 foot Teeny I line . Good stuff so far .....

Head downriver to Paradise Beach , switch rods , fish for a while ...... go to make a backcast ...... CRRRRACK !!

6 inches of rodtip broken off - :x :cry: :mad: so much for two handed rod/fishing for the day ](*,)

Anybody know who the Loop rep is these days ??? I'm off to get rotten drunk now .

David :crybaby:

nightgoat
11-20-2005, 07:43 PM
It was great talking with ya David. I appreciate the genorosity of info you were willing to provide :D I look forward to hitting the water with you sometime...

Hairstacker
11-20-2005, 08:42 PM
David, congratulations on the nice steelie but very sorry to hear about your new rod. The Loop website does provide a phone number for the USA distributor (1 604 501 0565), as well as its e-mail address (flyangler@telus.net). It also identifies a website reference for this distributor but I tried it and it's obsolete. Oddly enough, the main Loop website doesn't identify any retail dealers.

Another possible approach is to go straight to the manufacturer? I know the shipping aspect would be a pain but if there's no alternative. . . . -- the website is www.looptackle.se, their service phone number is 46 8 544 101 90 and their e-mail address is: service@looptackle.se I know these references look weird but maybe it's because they're located in Sweden. Good luck David, sure hope there's a happy resolution to this. :-(

David Lee
11-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Nightgoat -

The pleasure was mine - anytime you want to get together , let me know . Make sure to come to the Xmas party (where ever it is ....) .

'Stacker -

Thanks ( as usual ) - for having my back in this situation . I've Emailed them already , and hope to hear more tomorrow .

I hope the rep can loan me a new one for the trip .

Where did ya fish this weekend ? Or , were you busy w/ the :shock: NEW BABY GIRL :shock: ???? Congrats , BTW .....

David :D

sf fly
11-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Anybody know who the Loop rep is these days ??? I'm off to get rotten drunk now .

Where did you get it from? I think you are supposed to take it back to where you bought it.

David Lee
11-21-2005, 08:32 AM

Where did you get it from? I think you are supposed to take it back to where you bought it.

SF Fly - Welcome to the board !

The rod was a gift from a friend .

David

aaron
11-21-2005, 10:33 AM
You might try posting this on speypages.com as I believe one of the mods over their is involved with loop.

Terry Thomas
11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
David,
We all go through the early stages of spey problems. Both my fishing partner and I broke the tip section of our rods in the first year of use. That "snap-T" is a good cast, but you better get the rod out of the way! One little nick and seeeeeeeee-ya.
T.

David Lee
11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Aaron - Thanks ! I just did it .

Terry - I wasn't 'Spey' casting , per se .... I was chucking a 41 foot 12 wt. type 3 sinking head . The rod was a loaner , so it might have been 'clousered' at some point . Or the water drag while hauling/extra heavy head were too much for it .

If I can't fine a new tip , I'l likely just stick a new tip-top on (only 6 or 7 inches of the tip are broken) - either way , it's going to Baja w/ me for combat in a couple of weeks . I have a date w/ something large and terrible in the surf down there :twisted:

David

steve sullivan
11-21-2005, 08:24 PM

Hey David, the loop rep is Dean SUllivan (NO RELATION!!). I dont know his phone number off hand, but he is up in oregon.

David Lee
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks , Steve -

I'll get WW up and running somehow !

David :D