PDA

View Full Version : Our annual Kiene's Expo

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Our annual Expo, which is a parking lot fair at the shop, is always the second to the last Saturday in April so it is always the weekend before the CA trout stream opener.

This Spring it is April 22, 2006, Saturday from 9am till 5pm.

It is a great tradition for many of us.

The local fly fishing clubs will be represented.

All of our manifacturer's representatives are here with lots of new and exciting products to talk about.

We have some really good fly tiers you can sit accross from and visit with which is very popular for many.

We have some local fly fishing guides show up, some with thier boats too.

We will have an above ground 100' casting pond for demonstrations.

We will have door prises and a casting contests with men, women and children classes.

We have free hotdogs, sodas, chips and water for all from 11:30am to ~1:00pm.

Bring the entire family.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-25-2006, 09:39 AM
As usual we will have many top fly fishing celebrities and fly tiers like Chico Fernandez, Steve and Tim Rajeff, Ken Hanley, Jay Murakoshi, Jay Fair, John Razanych, Lee Haskin, Leo Gutterres, Bob Scheidt, Lincoln Gray, Gary McConnell, Chuck Echer, Terry Eggleston, Rickey Noel Mitchell and Jeff Putnam.

I think it will be another great EXPO you won't want to miss.

It is a big social event for many of us. We get to see lots of people we don't always run into.

Hairstacker
02-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Yep, I definitely second this as a not-to-be-missed event that gets marked on the calendar. Last year's expo was great! Got to meet and gab with some board members for the first time and watch some experts tie some of their favorite flies. Not to mention all the new products to drool over with the reps right there to answer any questions. And it's FREE with free parking! :) Definitely looking forward to it!

Eugene Graham
02-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Here are a few photos of last years event. Make sure you do not miss out this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/computrout/castingcontest.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/computrout/expo05tyers.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/computrout/rossreels.jpg

http://www.kiene.com/images/banners-expo.jpg

http://www.kiene.com/expo/images/expo4.jpg

http://www.kiene.com/expo/images/expo3.jpg

Wingman
02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I really enjoyed last year and look forward to this year. It is truely a first rate event not to be missed. Maybe we could use some name tags for willing board members so all can meet each other and put faces with the names here, especially you guys with a zillion or so posts! :wink:
If all the gear, goodies, and demos aren't enough to get you out then come for the free food and raffle prizes. :twisted:

David Lee
02-27-2006, 07:22 AM
The Expo is just about the best day of the year , IMO .

Lots of board members blow into town for it , so it's a swell day for catching up and making future trip plans .... :twisted:

Great idea about name tags !!

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't forget about this day. I hope many of the BB people will be there this year.

We will have to do name tags or something?

Jay Murakoshi
04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey Bill,

Can't wait for the day to get here. I might show a couple new patterns but I want to have fish smell on them before I display them to the public
Rain or shine, the Fly Fishing Fair is the best

Jay

PS Bill, check your email

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I am sure that many will be there just to give you a "kiss & a huge" Jay.

I will be first in line.

Jay Murakoshi
04-07-2006, 10:28 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh Bill

Jay

WinterrunRon
04-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey Bill,

Just to piggyback the name tag idea and take it one step further, how about making avilable labels that have the first and last names including the member's profile name, profile photo AND the number of thier posts! Great conversation starter and I'd personally like to be able to put a profile name to a face, especially those without a photo! Just a thought...

Ron

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Door prizes and casting contest prizes for our Expo next Saturday:

1 Orvis new 'Zero Gravity' 9' #8 - 4 piece tip flex 9.5 = $655 USD(from Orvis)

1 Sage new VT2 9' #8 - 4 piece = $415 (from Sage)

1 G.Loomis Cross Currrent GL3 9' #10 - 3 piece = $380 (from Loomis)

1 Scott A2 8'6" #5 - 4 piece = $295 (from Scott)

1 New Echo2 9' #7 - 4 piece with 2 tips = $279 (from Echo)

1 New Abel 0.5 Big Game = $330 (from Abel)

1 New Ross Cimarron Large Arbor #2 = $179 (from Ross)

6 New Tioga Reels - #6, 8 & 10 Std plus Magnum #6, 8 & 10 = $149 - $185 (engraved for the Expo from Teton)

Big Wasatch deluxe tying tool set in wooden box = $400 (from Hendicks)

Lots of other smaller items like fly lines, chest pack, vests, leader & tippet kits, boxes of custom flies

Expo Specials:

Limited number of $25 Orvis Gift Certificates with Orvis purchase of $75 or more. (from Orvis)

Buy any Galvan fly reel and get an extra spool for $10- wow (from Galvan)

Jay Murakoshi
04-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Dang, is everyone eligible for the drawing. For sure this year, I will be in line for hot dog. The last 4 years I've missed out - oh well, gotta cry :cry: on someone's shoulder

Jay

Rickey Noel Mitchell
04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey Bill, I've been looking forward to this. I'll be there with my trailer full of paddling crafts. I got a Hobie you gotta see, you can pedal as well as paddle. It's actually a kayak you pedal so your hands are free. You have to see it to believe it.

Adam Grace
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Too bad that I have to work and will not be able to attend the event. I was looking forward to going and experiencing the customers point of view, not the employees - much more relaxing that way :lol:

Good luck Bill, and the rest of you have fun!

Wingman
04-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Adam,

Might be a good day to call in sick! :twisted: Hope your boss doesn't read this board! :P

Rick J
04-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Sorry I will miss it - it is either the open house or my anniversary with my wife :?: There should be no hesitation on that decision!

Have fun all

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Our Expo is this Saturday, April 22, so don't miss it.

David Lee
04-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Bill -

Are you going to have nametags for board members available ??

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Got some simple stick on name tags for us BB people.

We will have to work on an official pin or patch this summer.

It is tomorrow on Saturday so be there if you can.

I'll buy you a hot dog..................

Rob
04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
This will be first expo that we have missed . :cry:
Cody and I wanted to take a road trip and come but just can't leave .
This week they are having a sportsman expo here in Logan and Cody will be working at Round Rock fly shops booth. So we a least get to go to a expo just no the BEST , KIENE"s . 8) 8)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-22-2006, 05:36 AM
Today is the day........hope to see many of you there.

Rob
04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
I hope the weather is good and you all have a GREAT time !!!!!!!!!!!