PDA

View Full Version : If you had a week off right now.............................

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2005, 09:33 AM
..........where would you go?

Darian
11-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Hmmmm,.... I believe I'd like to go to Harker's Island, NC. Lotsa Lil' Tunny's/Rock. :D :D .....Lobster, Oyster Bisque, Clam Chowder, Crab Cakes and libations. MMM, MMM..... 8) 8) Haven't seen the East Coast, yet. Maybe to late to go to Maine but would if I could.... 8)

gryhackl
11-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, November marks the end of the hurricane season, so I guess I'd head for the bonefish flats somewhere in the Caribbean. Oh Yeah!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2005, 10:18 AM
I hear that the "Atlantic Bonito/Little Tuny/False Albacore" run is tops this Fall at Harkers Island. Don't forget the food.

This is a nice time to hit the Caribbean for fishing, snorkeling, site seeing and the food.

I don't think I would care where I was going if I had a weeek off?

rrivera
11-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I'd visit my mom in Puerto Rico and fish Culebras Island for bones..!!

Then mom would have all the carribean eats waiting for me :D

David Lee
11-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Good timing you have there , Bill ....

Left my job (for good !!) last Tuesday - leaving for Baja on the 8th of December , if I get rid of this crappy flu ...... I'm goin' to the American this week !!

After that ???? No great rush to be employed ...... Steelhead , Stripes , Mackinaw (!! :shock: !!) , Natoma Rainbows , pretty much ANYTHING !!

Back to having FUN :idea:

David :D

Terry Thomas
11-18-2005, 07:21 PM
You might want to check out Eagle Lake. This is the time of the year when the fish start to come in from the deep parts of the lake into the shallows. Eagle stays open until the end of the year and reopens again after Memorial Day. We just got back after fishing it for three days. The lake is again lower than last year. Shrimp Island is now Shrimp Penninsula. We fished from Wildcat Point all the way to the area off Pine Creek. We only landed 10 fish, but the smallest was 18 inches. The largest was probably in the 6 pound class. We did have a full moon...perhaps that had something to do with the slow grab. We talked to a guy who had been out in a boat on Tuesday and he had landed zero fish for the day. All the fish seemed very fat and healthy.
Terry

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Terry,

Now for the "Full Moon story".

Joe Shirshac, Georgie Martin and I went to Pyramid Lake in Nevada in February about 20 years ago. We brought up Joe's travel traler that we could park almost on the water at that time.

We got up there late that first night and we went into the local native American's mobile home/construction trailer/office. We were buying our permit from the Indians to fish for a few days.

Accross the room I spotted an old native American male sitting on an old easy chair. I walked over and asked, "Hows the fishing?"

He said, "No fish, big moon." while he made a big sweeping gesture with his hand.

For the next three days we caught one small Cutthroat.

Gregg
11-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Oh man, with a week off where I could actually walk? I'd take almost anywhere. The puddle out front, the bathtub, I'd even fish the American (if the puddle and the bathtub weren't producing!) Seriously though, if it were still open, I'd love to hit some of the small private creeks up past Redding. You've gotta pay to "tresspass", but if they fish as well as I've heard... Either there or Southern Oregon. The Applegate perhaps? There's this one perfect bend in this park...still too early though, I think.