PDA

View Full Version : "Shad Fishing" by C. Boyd Pfeiffer

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
This book was first published in 1975 by Crown Publishers Inc, New York.

I have an autographed copy from Boyd.

Somehow we got connected together and I gave him some information on fly fishing for American Shad in California for his book.

"To Bill Kiene-
With much thanks for the help-
Boyd Pfeiffer"

Gregg Machel
11-16-2005, 11:28 PM
If you are interested, you can take "Search Inside" on amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811730670/102-1823413-2703312

Wingman
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Carl,

Can you list the title of this book that your flies are included in? I'd like to check them out.

Thanks

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Shad Fishing:
A Complete Guide Species, Gear, and Tactics
by C. Boyd Pfeiffer ; 2002; Paperback; 240pp

Since Pfeiffer wrote his first book on shad twenty-five years ago, much has happened to improve the fishery. The fish has made a comeback and shad fishing along both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts continues to grow in popularity. Many fishermen launch the season by fishing in the early spring for shad. They've learned that shad make jolting strikes, long runs, hard fights, and high jumps. This complete guide covers the history and habits of shad and all the practical fishing on range, tackle for both fly fishing and spin fishing, and techniques for fishing on the shore and from a boat. This practical guide for taking this popular game fish on fly or lure is completely up-to- date and covers the latest developments in fishery and equipment. Includes patterns for 176 shad flies.

reviewed:"First Rate: The Seminal Shad Book Boyd continues his exemplary service to the angling community by exploring and promoting fascinating aspects of the sport. As a fellow shad fisherman, I'm indebted to Boyd for this reprise of his previous work, and furthering the appreciation for this fascinating fish."

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Carl,

That is pretty cool...........