PDA

View Full Version : Best (untrue) story ever.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Today at the shop we were talking about the best BSers we know.

I said that I thought I heard the top story right in my fly shop about 10 years ago.

A guy came in and was talking about this great Black Bass fishing he was having in a local private pond.

He said his mother had a lady friend who was complaining about the black bass eating her pet ducks. He volunteered to take care of them big dudes.

I said that I had heard that the black bass do eat baby ducks and had talked with people who had seen it happen first hand.

He said, "No, it was the adult ducks that were being eatten!"

(beat that one)

http://www.utm.edu/departments/cece/old_site/fowl/malla.JPEG

Eyecatch Tinytrout
11-15-2005, 10:25 PM
If these kick-ass bass were used to eating adult ducks, I would love to see the fly he used to catch 'em with!

Darian
11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I'd like to use the fly that'll catch 'em.... :twisted: Yeah, baby :D :D

mems
11-16-2005, 01:01 AM
Aloha, after spending many a morning frozen in a duck blind I just have to wonder how a bass got his fins on a 12 guage? Mems.

OregonSalmon
11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
My favorite was from a regular who's name I will not mention. He always had plenty but his best was his steelhead tale on the American: "I caught this beautiful ten pounder around Cal Expo.....then I caught the exact same fish at Goethe....then about a week later I see that fish at Sunrise so I head to the car for my four weight....but before I can make a cast a bait guy was over her, hooked her, landed her.....and SMOKED HER!!!

A tall tale indeed for such a round human.

SullyTM
11-17-2005, 12:17 PM
...how 'bout "the one that got away! It must have been 15, no 20 pounds!"
:wink: Thom

OregonSalmon
11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Sully,
It only stand to reason that the one that got away was a very large fish since only very large fish can get away. Throw in the streamside "plausable denialibilty" clause and the one that got away is always a monster!!!!
Never vote for a politician who fishes for that is the perfect storm for lying.

Hairstacker
11-18-2005, 04:04 AM
Actually, fishermen don't lie . . . but a lot of liars fish. :shock: :lol:

Tony Buzolich
11-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Mike, You hit that right on the head. :D
TONY