PDA

View Full Version : East Fork of the Carson tomorrow

Bill Quinn
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
javascript:emoticon(':D')
big grinI'm going to fish the East Fork tomorrow (15th) last day of the season. Full moon and winds in the forecast, I don't care. Give you a report tomorrow.

Bill Quinn
11-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Great day on the river. The weather was perfect, just a liitle chill in the morning but sunny throughout most of the day. The water was gin clear so I saw many fish, probably dozens just looking back at me as well as they avoided me in the pools where I could see them. I hooked four and landed three. the biggest in the the picture below. It was so big I couldn't down size it on the website. I think it was 20+ inches and beautiful. I did see about five fish bellly up in some deep pools. I don't know what got the fish but it was sad to see since the river is not choke full of fish.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c106/1953BillQuinn/?action=view&current=DSC_0281_edited-1.jpg

Hairstacker
11-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Wow, nice fish and beautiful picture there Bill! Sounds like you had a very nice day that will hopefully give you some good memories to tide you over the winter. Thanks for sharing!

Stevie J
11-18-2005, 08:12 PM
I too made the trip on a whim... wonderful day found many happily taking dries. #16 tan elk hair caddis... doesn't get much simpler than that. Great end to a season that took forever to get going. Only saw one other guy... must have been Bill.
sj...........:::::::::::::>