PDA

View Full Version : There goes the neighborhood .....

David Lee
11-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Friend , crazed flyflinger , and all around good bloke Max Garth couldn't stand the thought of me going to Baja without a double handed flyrod . :x

So he sent me one :shock:

I am now the proud owner of a Loop Blackline 8/9 wt. 12 foot 4 inch flagpole :twisted:

While I intend to chuck long sinking heads on mono out to where MOE lives , I also will get the basics of Spey casting down . Don't be too suprised if I crash the Sunday morning Watt ave. get together for tips/ridicule 8) .

This should be interesting .....

David :D

Adam Grace
11-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the perversion buddy!

David Lee
11-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the perversion buddy!

:P We shall see , my young one -

I have two 41 foot , 12 wt. heads (one I line , one type 3) , still sorting the grain wts. to balance the whole shebang (thinking about cutting back to no less than 36 feet -) . Max says the WW likes 460 grns. , I think it'll shoot better around 500 grns. .

Gotta get the 'bomb into the stratosphere' thing down before I commit to the correct floater - Roosters at Punta Colorada are in BIG TROUBLE when I get down there :twisted:

A quick aside ..... the rod seems very light - I might be able to single hand it to some degree .

Anybody goof w/ the Meiser (hope I got that right :oops: ...) 13x13 yet ???? Max says the TFO 12x12 is the shinizzle off the rocks ..... there might be a Yellowfin or , God help me , a Billfish @ the lighthouse waiting ... :!:

Funny how flyfishing has gone from 6x to MAJOR COMBAT in the past 15 or so years ...... I wonder how things will be when we're old ?

Still trying to reach - David

PS - Thanks , Max !

Hairstacker
11-15-2005, 09:40 AM
David, Max gifting you that rod is just awesome, helluva nice thing for him to do! Amazing, actually. I also think it's karma, given your history. Good for you, a new toy! Next time I'm up, you're going to have to show me how the darn thing works, ha.

Darian
11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Daaavviiiiiiid,.... Say it ain't soOOooo.... :tear: Spey Casting :?: :?: :?: :?:

jbird
11-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey David

Come on over to our community http://p076.ezboard.com/fsouthernoregonflyfishing16217frm22

Ask any questions your heart desires. Youll get advise from the likes of Gary Anderson, Fred Evans and Bob Meiser himself, along with a dozen other guys that can throw a mile of line and are happy to help.

Jay

David Lee
11-15-2005, 10:08 PM
'Stacker -

Max is just about the most forward thinking guy I know . I think he's aware that I agree with his concepts , for the most part . I was more than a little suprised and hope to make him proud by nailing something NASTY in Baja w/ his stick . Stripe is in for trouble , as well .... There's a few spots on the A I can't quite reach w/ a single-hander ..... with the 'Wong-Wod' , should be able to reach out and get 'em .

Darian -

It's just another tool - not like we ever have enough choices in gear , right ?? Now , I will have a chance to see how practical the two-handers are for Stripe and Ocean fishes . Plus ..... my lame hand won't die in Baja and leave me cryin' at the bar for the whole trip .

Jbird -

Cool stuff there , thanks for posting the link for me (and all here ...) to see . Three weeks to go ........ :evil:

David

sculpin
11-17-2005, 11:21 PM
David
You should have a great time with that two hander down in Baja. I have been thinking about getting a two hand overhead rod for my next trip down there. Check your in box.

Mark

David Lee
11-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Quick update -

Today I cast the WW for a few moments . I found I could single-hand it w/ no trouble .

My fourth cast ...... 10 feet of leader , 41 foot head , and around 80 feet of # 30 mono - yanked line off the reel . :shock:

I guess my old RPLX 10 wt. made a Man outta me , after all :P

If I can beat the flu soon , I'll try it at the river . Pretty cool tool :twisted:

David