PDA

View Full Version : Feather Report

Katz
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Fished the Feather hard with my father-in-law and Brother-in-Law on 11/13. We fished from dawn to 4pm and from Palm up to the outlet. Landed 5 steelies between the three of us, all on egg patterns. Three were 1/2 pounders, one 3.5 lbs and one over 5.

Definitely fewer fish in the system then in years past. Hopefully it is a late run.

Father-in-law's birthday (64). Great way to spend a birthday.

Katz

BigBuddha
11-14-2005, 05:46 PM
I took my kids up to the Feather on the afternoon of the 11th. My 11 year old son hooked up on a steelie, but lost it when it rolled. There were quite a few salmon in the river and my son hooked into a huge one. He fought it for quite awhile, but I doubt the 7 wt. Loomis IMX was putting much pressure on the fish. Eventually it broke off. It's funny, but when my son was fighting the fish and we saw how big it was he really got excited! He was yelling how we should take a picture of it and he wanted to take the picture to Bill!!! It took me a second, but I realized he was talking about Bill Kiene. I guess some kids idolize Michael Jordan and some have our Bill as an idol. At least one does.

Katz
11-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Nothing beats fishing with family!

Katz :)

Tony Buzolich
11-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I just got off the river a few hours ago with a client and we had a wonderful day.
There are plenty of new salmon and steelhead still coming in that are very green and chrome. It's hard to tell the steelhead from the salmon as some of both have the same bright coloration. Also seeing more jacks in the river too. This really gets confusing when they're darting around the mature fish trying to spawn. They act just like steelhead trying to steal eggs. Also had several male salmon trying to mate with a hooked female while trying to land her. What a site.

This run may not be concentrated into just a couple of months, but sure is long going from April to present.

Get on out there,
TONY