PDA

View Full Version : Coleman Scanoe, motors - SOLD

Richard
11-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I just bought a new boat (not much bigger than my canoe, but the motor is five times as large, which still isn't saying much :)) What this means is that I have a fishing boat I want to unload on someone else. :D

The boat is a 15'8" Coleman Scanoe (square end canoe). It has a 3 HP 2 stroke motor and a small transom mounted trollng motor. All of this is from the mid 80's. It also has a new (less than a year old) outrigger system that makes the boat a great casting platform. It motors along pretty well, but you won't be going very far with that 3 HP unless you are planning an overnight. :lol:

The canoe is heavy (loading and unloading it from a car rack is really a two person job) and while fully Delta (if not sea)worthy it has patches from showing its age. If you want to see what it looks like take a look at a Pelican Bayou (see Bill's post below - Thanks Bill!!). The one I have (older model) doesn't have the middle seat, only a strut there, so there is more open space to stand and cast.

Right now it's on the water at Bethel Island and you would have to pick it up. I have no idea what the package is worth (the outrigger system cost me a little over $200). Mostly I just want to get it to someone who might enjoy using it. Let me know if you are interested. Price is not as important as enthusiasm. :) If you are, or know of, a father son/daughter team that needs a small boat this would be perfect as the boat carries two people plus lots of gear.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
http://www.kayaksandpaddles.co.uk/canoe/kayak/uk/shop/productpages/cans/canpics/scanoe-2.jpg