PDA

View Full Version : Transportation for you warm water types - SOLD

Richard
11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
The Scanoe (square end canoe). Is now in a new place ready to make other people happy.
:D :D

Adam Grace
11-12-2005, 08:49 PM
A new friend of mine, Andy, caught this nice 5lb bass the morning before Dan Blanton's striperfest a little while ago. We were pleasantly surprised.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/flyguyag/fishing/IMGP0026.jpg

Not a skinny bass huh! Fat little guy.

The bass fought okay but those stripers are much more powerful and fun, IMHO!

I love bass in certain situations but if there's stripers to be had I concentrate on the stripers! They are one of my favorite fly rod fish, right up there with steelhead and wary trout.

mikenewman
11-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey Richard

That sounds like a nice boat. Did you get the bow mount problem sorted? Are you going to still be berthing at Franks? Have you had any luck with the stripers? Those bass will be nervously shaking in their hidey-holes now you've expanded your range :)

Mike

Richard
11-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi Mike,

I doubt the fish are worried too much about me wandering around. Just something for their added amusement. :)

I think I have the bow mounted trolling motor planning finished, now I just have to get it done. It's not going to be easy, but it is possible, at least in theory. I will still be at Frank's, but in dry storage rather than in a berth.

The scanoe really is a nice boat if you don't need to go long distances in a short time.

Richard
11-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Boat is now on Sherman Island ready to give kids a chance to enjoy the water. :D :D :D