PDA

View Full Version : Fish in the driveway, elk to the side

OregonSalmon
11-12-2005, 11:54 AM
My buddies property where I'm staying is bordered by two creeks and last night, stumbling to lock the gate since rifle season for elk has started, I watched a couple of salmon doing whatever they do this high up on the drainage. I've heard that a few years in the ocean makes you kinda horny, so I'm a thinkin' they are having sex. That's my boys!!!!!
Good lord I love the cycle of life!!! I'm a gonna go out and do some salmon voyeur perversion. I best dress in the orangest stuff I have for the drunken hunters don't seem to care where the bullet go. If I don't post in the next week you will know I was laid to rest by drunken friendly fire. I am even going to comb my hair so it does not appear I have horns.

11-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Great post!

OregonSalmon
11-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Sturmer,
Literally, the salmon are spawning underneath the driveway here on The Compound. A fifteen foot bridge spans the mighty Joe Creek and the girls and boys are having at it right underneath. Was watching a girlie dig her redd just last evening. Great entertainment, all I need, and I think we take it for granted the miracle of these critters. I know I can't swim for four years. Hell I'm not sure if I can even have sex every four years!!!
Bless the beasts!!!

11-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Gellen
Are you a writter by trade?
Your post are some of the best on the board.
You must be eating those Oregon mushie rooooms.
If it wasn't so far,I would sure be there to have a cold one and listen to your bull.
Sturm

bubzilla
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
A word of caution regarding the elk hunters: late season elk tags in Oregon generally allow for the harvest of one bull, or one cow, or one recentely transplanted Californian--the better their hair and the brighter their outfit, the greater the trophy. :wink: Okay, that's a joke, nobody actually tags transplanted Californians; a limit on something that plentiful would just be silly. :D

OregonSalmon
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Sturmer, there are two things I'm never short of: bull and beer. Point that car north some day and find out in person.
Bubzilla, you are correct on your reasoning about needing a tag for such a plentiful species as the "Transplanted Californian". In the early 70's governor Tom McCall would berate Californians and the voters ate it up. Solely on that issue he recieved about 30% in the polls. A few years back I ran for County Commisioner as a joke/political experiment and had five simple points, one of which (printed in the voters pamphlet) was "Although G. Geller is a native Californian, G. Geller hates Californians". Garnered me 5% of the vote and a lot of handshakes. Crazy Oregonians.

bubzilla
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Yep, good ol' "Welcome to Oregon. We hope you enjoy your visit." Gov. McCall.

As a native Oregonian, I understand completely why so many voted for you with a great catch phrase like that! :lol: