PDA

View Full Version : To the Veterans of Kiene's MB (members and lurkers)...

Wednesday Caster
11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm 39 years old- born in Vietnam and a US naturalized citizen of the vietnam war. I grew up happily in Pennsylvania; now live comfortably in the melting pot that is L.A. and married to my beautiful Italian/Irish wife. We have two happy and healthy children. My father is retired from Northrop (worked on many military fighters and bombers), my brother is a county sheriff in CA, my sister is a doctor in Indiana and I am a business owner. I am able to worship God- because I can, and I have the right to speak my mind without fear and, a few times a year I get to fish for enjoyment not because it is a chore of providing food. My family and I have been so blessed. What a country- United States of America. May God bless and keep safe all the men and women who have served this country and those who currently represent it in arms across the world. For those who have passed, may their honor, service and spirit be represented on our Red White and Blue. Thank YOU veterans!
Quinn

FoothillFlyFisher
11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Amen... God bless all that have fought, or fought and lost there lives for this wonderful country that we live in. Happy Veterns Day to you all.

Tony Buzolich
11-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Well put both of you,
TONY

slack_in_the_box
11-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Veterans:

Thank you for making the sacrafices you made so that I may pursue the life I choose.

Your dedication is a major reason we are allowed to think about things like fly-fishing non-stop :)

Thank you!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks to all who have fought for this country and our freedom.

Bless the families of the ones lost in battle.

Darian
11-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Well said by each poster..... 8) 8) 8)

David Lee
11-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I think this one captures the moment pretty well .....

In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army
IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw